Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-03-2014, 07:45 AM   #1
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Applecare+

I have a 1 inch crack in my iPhone 6 screen. Does Applecare replace the phone or just replace the screen?
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I have a 1 inch crack in my iPhone 6 screen. Does Applecare replace the phone or just replace the screen?
They normally just give you a refurbished/reconditioned one. You keep the balance of the warranty from the replaced device.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #3
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I just took it in to the Apple Store. They replaced the screen. It was ready in about an hour and there was no charge.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I just took it in to the Apple Store. They replaced the screen. It was ready in about an hour and there was no charge.
That's even better. No refurb!
Old 12-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
They recently brought in machines to fix screens. If you have a hardware issue like a dead home or power button, or if your headphone jack goes dead, they'll give you a refurb.

Don't be scared of them. The insides are the bits that they refurbish. The casing and screens are all brand new and go through extra testing that the brand new ones don't.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Don't be scared of them. The insides are the bits that they refurbish. The casing and screens are all brand new and go through extra testing that the brand new ones don't.
I totally agree. When in the market for a new Apple product, I always check for available refurbs in the Apple Store. Significant savings and the same warranty as new. For my personal needs, paying much more for a "new" product provides no value.