Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
Kaan88
Kaan88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 3
Kindle 3 adding top margin to mobi

Hi, i need to add a bit of top margin to mobi files as a tiny portion of the screen is broken.
Changing margin settings in calibre and converting them to mobi again doesn't seem to do anything, but the same settings do work if I instead convert them to epubs. Is it just not possible to add margin to mobi files?

The device is actually a kindle 2 updated to 3.2.1 using yifanlu's script. I didn't have any problem with the original software as it had enough margin by itself because of the book title, unlike 3.x software.

Thanks.
Kaan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
Kaan88

A way to make the book title permanent would be a solution too actually, couldn't find a way to do it though.
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaan88 View Post
Hi, i need to add a bit of top margin to mobi files as a tiny portion of the screen is broken.
Changing margin settings in calibre and converting them to mobi again doesn't seem to do anything, but the same settings do work if I instead convert them to epubs. Is it just not possible to add margin to mobi files?

The device is actually a kindle 2 updated to 3.2.1 using yifanlu's script. I didn't have any problem with the original software as it had enough margin by itself because of the book title, unlike 3.x software.

Thanks.
Do you mean, add a margin to each "screen," so that each page, essentially, started a ways down from the top of the screen? For a mobi 7 file, which is I think what would be read on your device, in short, no, not that I know of. No way to create a permanent top-margin-padding for all the pages' display.

I don't understand the next question, about making the title permanent? Do you mean, forcing the upgraded device to display the book title as a running header on every screen?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:06 AM   #4
Kaan88

Yeah, I looked everywhere and there isn't a way to add margin to older mobi format unfortunately, or change how the device displays it.

About the second question, on Kindle 2, the book title is permanent while reading which uses enough space so that the book text remains below the broken part of the screen. On version 3 of the software this isn't the case, and I couldn't find a way to make book title permanent.