Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #46
growat
growat began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Clock

Thanks Sealbeater, that put me on AM/PM.
growat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:26 PM   #47
Corrective
Enthusiast
Corrective began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-650
making a folder called tmp in the readers drive worked great thanks for that.

also thanks for the great hack
Corrective is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2008, 12:48 AM   #48
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Still no joy. I have the tmp folder, but now when I try to flash at the Run script page, I get a quick "error loading libfskload to /imp/

And then a constant "Exception invalid type" on the Run script page along with the

6: flash image
9: reboot
MENU: exit
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:26 AM   #49
fifteenjugglers
fifteenjugglers doesn't litterfifteenjugglers doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Awesome! Worked a treat for me

Thanks very much!

15j
fifteenjugglers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:05 AM   #50
davidw89
Connoisseur
davidw89 began at the beginning.

Device: none atm
Is there any chance to make the 1 button as flip through to the next page button?
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #51
markiehill
Connoisseur
markiehill doesn't littermarkiehill doesn't litter

i had the invalid exception, make sure your memory card is empty before you put the hack on it. i mistakenly allowed it to merge the contents of the hack with the existing directories on my first attempt and got exception message.

i then deleted everything off the card , re extracted the hack and it worked perfectly.

mark
markiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #52
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
This is great the /tmp folder was the key. thanks a lot JSWolf
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #53
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Will this flash remove the cyrillic font capability that I previously flashed onto my 505? (Along with uniform font, new icons, and clock.) Very handy feature, btw!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #54
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
I was also able to successfully hack my 505. I made sure that the \tmp folder exited on the Reader. Also, before hacking, I copied everything off of the SD card to my computer so it was blank when I put the hack image on the card. After successfully hacking, I simply deleted the hack image from the card and copied the files back.

I'm so pleased to have the icons, unified font size, and clock back! It's funny: I like my 505 much more than I liked my 500, yet I couldn't get over not having these little upgrades. Now, if we could just hack the direction buttons to become page turn (like the old joystick hack), I'd really be set. I'm curious, given the position of the volume button (I don't listen to MP3s on my Reader) could it be changed to page forward/page back?

---Michael
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
1.UnZip this to the root of the SD card (might work with a memory stick).
2. Power off the 505 using the power switch.
3. Insert the SD card
4. Turn on the 505.
5. Press 6 to flash the image.
6. When done, press 9 to reboot.
7. Once the screen goes blank remove the SD card
8. Once it's booted, you are all set

You will have the clock, the unified font,the new icons, and the press and hold the enter button to power down the 505.

Use at your own risk.
This new hack is the same as the previous hack except the 1 key is not a page forward key and I hope holding the 1 key works as the 1 key used to with just a press.

This modification is for bookbinder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hack2.zip (4.53 MB, 495 views)
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret View Post
My flashing worked ok Thanks!
So, to power my 505 off I have to press the ENTER button for 5 secs? coz I do that and nothing happens until I press any other button and the screen turns blank. Is that ok?
Mine does eventually turn off on it's own without another key press. maybe you aren't wating long enough. i cannot say for sure.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepanok View Post
hi
i was wodering...does the hack make the 1 key a page forward button by default....or do i need to do something else to achieve that????
thankkkssss
The first hack I posted here does not change any of the number buttons. But the second hack I just posted is the same as the first but changes the 1 button to page forward. And I hope (not tested) holding the 1 button works as a regular 1 press does.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #58
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
OK... ohkay.... I figured it out.

For any other misguided souls out there, here is why Jon's hack refused to install on my 505.

I dragged the zip file onto my SD card and then extracted the files onto the same SD card.

I am not sure why it made a difference, but once I decided to "experiment" and unziped the files from my computers hard disk directly on to my SD card... it worked!

Have no explanation for why that made the difference, but it did.

Thanks Jon for a great hack!!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:31 AM   #59
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
interesting, ok thats solved
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:59 AM   #60
growat
growat began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
SD Card post hack

Hi Guys,

Wondered if anyone else had issues with the eBook Library software seeing their SD card after the hack. I erased the hack from the card but have an "error" over the SD card icon in the left hand window of the program. The reader can still see books on the card, but I have to add them manually through windows explorer.

I've only had the Reader a few days but is it the general consensus that the eBook Library is better left asleep and to stick with libprs500?

Thanks,
Graham
growat is offline   Reply With Quote