Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
wgeurts
wgeurts began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Sony PRS-505 Crashes vista

Quit often, but not aways, when I plug the usb cable into my reader. My computer crashes with a blue screen and a crash dump, then it restarts.

I am using the latest firmware, the latest ebook library software and a fully updated Visa Home.

Does anyone have an idea what is causing the crashes and what I can do to fix it.

Thanks,
wgeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeurts View Post
Quit often, but not aways, when I plug the usb cable into my reader. My computer crashes with a blue screen and a crash dump, then it restarts.

I am using the latest firmware, the latest ebook library software and a fully updated Visa Home.

Does anyone have an idea what is causing the crashes and what I can do to fix it.

Thanks,
You might try adding the "eBook Library.exe" as a DEP exception.

Location: C:/Program Files/Sony/Reader/Data/bin/eBook Library.exe

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 11-25-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Corrected name and gave location
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert