Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #61
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
But seriously: what real business charges their customers UPFRONT for the FULL AMOUNT. And then does not deliver... I don't know if that is required by any iRex partner because iRex will charge THEM the full amount upfront as well, but from a consumer point of view it is really bad.
Booken, for one. Lots of companies do, in fact. As long as the customer is made aware that they will be charged at the time the order is placed, it's not illegal to do it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #62
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Booken, for one. Lots of companies do, in fact. As long as the customer is made aware that they will be charged at the time the order is placed, it's not illegal to do it.
Oh, I was not questioning the legality. I'm sure that like any company they make sure they have their legal behind well covered. But that doesn't make a good practice. If I had had an alternative I would have chosen that one, rather than give them my business. (Or simply not purchased it in the first place (as I have done in the past))

But I've been waiting for a device like this for years (see my list of ebook devices) so they were the first ones to sucker me into this kind of deal.-_-;;

In all fairness, yesterday I had an email from eReader Outfitters in my Inbox: the reader is on the way, so all ends well (did I just jinx it?)
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #63
patatan
Enthusiast
patatan is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen 3, DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
In all fairness, yesterday I had an email from eReader Outfitters in my Inbox: the reader is on the way, so all ends well (did I just jinx it?)
You are lucky. I ordered the 22th directly from irex. I received an email the 23th "preparing for dispatch". And since then... nothing. And, of course, the money has already been discounted from my bank account.

What angers me is that I live in Spain. If they send it from Netherland, it can arrive within the day. And people are receiving it in USA! So they are ignoring their direct customers and are giving preference to the retailers.

Has anybody ordering from Irex any news?
patatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #64
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I ordered from them directly on the 22nd as well and have been in preparing for dispatch for awhile. I received an email from them yesterday saying they would have stock in 5-7 days. They are obviously supplying their resellers first which I wouldn't mind if they were clear about that. I ordered direct from them thinking I would receive it sooner, but that was obviously a faulty assumption. They continue to be an absolutely horrible company to do business with.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #65
patatan
Enthusiast
patatan is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen 3, DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by patatan View Post
Has anybody ordering from Irex any news?
Today i have received an email from UPS. The delivery from iRex is scheduled for the 14th.
patatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #66
flyingtablet
flyingtablet began at the beginning.

Device: none
Seems ereaderoutfitters has finished the first batch.

Has anyone who ordered in the past couple of days got any confirmation?

Thank you!
flyingtablet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #67
Morffius
Enthusiast
Morffius began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone / Paper
Jeff from Ereaderoutfitters said he would get in a new batch next week.
Morffius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #68
cjp
Zealot
cjp began at the beginning.

Device: HP Slate 500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3G+Wi-Fi, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingtablet View Post
Seems ereaderoutfitters has finished the first batch.

Has anyone who ordered in the past couple of days got any confirmation?

Thank you!
I received mine yesterday, but I did pay for quick shipping - Air.
cjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #69
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
I ordered mine on the 8th

it still says payment complete - no shipping status
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #70
prlwytzkofsky
prlwytzkofsky began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Ordered and payed September 22, still not there?

Ordered an iRex Digital Reader 1000S Monday September 22 from the Netherlands @ the Irex shop.
Status has been "Preparing for dispatch" ever since ...
No response to my email asking for a delivery estimate.
Am becoming slightly frustrated at this point
Has anyone who ordered in the irex shop received their reader yet?
prlwytzkofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #71
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

No, I don't believe anyone who has ordered from the iRex shop has received their order. I ordered mine on the 22nd and I'm still in preparing for dispatch. They sent an email last week saying they expected to ship this week, but I don't believe anyone has any confidence in iRex estimates.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #72
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

ereader outfitters

I ordered mine on the 8th of October - Have not heard a firm ship date as of yet
Old 10-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #73
Morffius
Enthusiast
Morffius began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone / Paper
Jeff has a new update for ereaderoutfitters.com

10/14/08- iRex is working day and night to catch up on DR1000S and 2nd Edition back orders. We are tracking your position in line and hoping for information from iRex about when they will ship. Order online or call and reserve yours today. 1 925 600 0920

-- Now you can get in the line for a reader without being out $800 bucks while waiting.
Morffius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #74
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!

paypal

unless you payed via paypal -
Old 10-15-2008, 10:27 AM   #75
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

I ordered mine on the 22nd and I just got the shipment notification. The status is still showing as preparing for dispatch on the iRex store, but it looks like they are starting to ship the initial orders.