Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #34651
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
When Norton and Crystal feel I've had enough sleep—usually anywhere from within 2 to 4 hours after hitting the hay—they start play fighting. In the bed. Using me for a wrestling mat.

You're lucky!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #34652
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Dogpa
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:40 AM   #34653
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Reports that I flew too close to the sun have been exaggerated.

Icarus
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #34654
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
bored!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:56 AM   #34655
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Reports that I flew too close to the sun have been exaggerated.

Icarus
Good to hear. Are you back yet, or posting on location?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:06 AM   #34656
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Good to hear. Are you back yet, or posting on location?
Back at home. Some photos of the flight in the What's in the Cup thread.

Stitchawl
Old 10-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #34657
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I just realized... It's almost Halloween!! Better start working on my costume!

Stitchawl
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #34658
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Lucas is going to be a pumpkin, my Mom sent his costume a month ago.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #34659
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Back at home. Some photos of the flight in the What's in the Cup thread.

Stitchawl
Man, you were awesome. I watched and just about wet my pants as you saluted and gently jumped out of your capsule to fly a gazillion miles per hour back to earth. You're my hero, man!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #34660
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Watching the first episode of Da Vinci's Inquest (Canadian crime series), when they were aired on Dutch tv I recorded them on dvd and I found them again today. I had forgotten it was so cynical and blunt, not that I mind I like that it's very different from similar US series like Law & Order.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #34661
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Man, you were awesome. I watched and just about wet my pants as you saluted and gently jumped out of your capsule to fly a gazillion miles per hour back to earth. You're my hero, man!

Thank you. It's difficult to be humble when I'm this great.

Stitchawl
Old 10-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #34662
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Lucas is going to be a pumpkin, my Mom sent his costume a month ago.
How cute. Don't forget to share the photo with us.
Quote:
Thank you. It's difficult to be humble when I'm this great.

Stitchawl
*snort, cough, choke* Your humbleness is something to be ... uhhh.. humm... admired?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #34663
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
My sister's experimenting with making speculaas cookies (Dutch gingerbread). She didn't get it to come out of the wooden molds so she made one big cookie of which you break of pieces (also traditional). The edges were yummie, the center wasn't dry enough and had a sandy texture. It's probably more to do with our small oven than anything else but she's baking the second batch a bit longer. If that doesn't work she's going to try the molds again tomorrow and if they don't want to come out again she'll just use a cookie cutter.

I don't mind being the guinea pig for these kind of experiments, though it isn't good for my diet.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #34664
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I don't mind being the guinea pig for these kind of experiments, though it isn't good for my diet.
I keep telling people but they never listen! Break the cookies in half before you eat them. All the calories will fall out!!

Stitchawl
Old 10-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #34665
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I have Trusteer Rapport installed, and I do get slow browsing from time to time which I can't explain. Don't you need it for banking transactions, though? I can't remember which of my on-line banking providers required me to download it, but presumably it is required for that?
It isn't required, just recommended. It tries to make sure you don't enter your banking details in an imitation website, so if you remove it, be careful!

(Check your computer's activity. I noticed that when my browser paused, it's CPU usage went up to 100% - it was the Trusteer Rapport software doing something odd. )
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?