Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 04:19 AM   #1
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
Help request

I am trying to help a friend with a Kindle. How do I loan her books on my pc which are in mobi format. Can I transfer them via a usb cable and where are they filed on the Kindle. I also have a lot of books in various formats which I think can be changed to Mobi via Calibre (which I have installed on my computer with a very large library of books that I transfer to and from my iPad). Any answers to the above would be appreciated. Thanks. Berni
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:24 AM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
There's a Documents folder on the Kindle. Just put them there via USB cable transfer. Or use Calibre - it'll detect the Kindle (attached to PC with USB) and you can send books to it from there. Remember the .mobi files must be without DRM.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Ea is right, you should see the Kindle pop up as a hard drive when you connect the USB-cable between your computer and the Kindle. When you click on the hard drive for the Kindle you should be able to see the documents folder. All books is supposed to go in the documents folder.

I find it easier to transfer books directly rather than transfer them through Calibre.

Here's a more thorough explanation on how to transfer files to the Kindle:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...200375630&#usb

Last edited by thinkpad; 08-18-2010 at 03:28 PM.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote