Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
Kleki
Connoisseur
Kleki doesn't litterKleki doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (+ an old Hanlin V3)
Hello from Munich

Hello everyone.

I have been lurking a couple of weeks now and think it's time to start posting.

Least to say I have contracted the ebook virus. Started all out a couple of months ago with hearing about the Kindle. I said to myself I have to get that but was pulled back into reality when realizing I would have to get through some trouble to get one working outside the US. Well, Frankfurt book fair was close and rumours had it Amazon might make a move there. They did not. But Sony actually announced its reader for spring. Oh cool, I never had heard of the Sony reader so I was excited that there actually is a second workable ebook device in the market (I had heard of eink long ago but had never stumbled across any reader I would have found attractive). With the release of the Sony reader I dug deeper and stumbled over Mobile Read. So here I am and I have found that there are even more devices to consider than Amazon's and Sony's.

So originally I was very determined to walk to the nearest store and pick up a Sony 505 when it was released here on the 11th. But now thanks to this forum I am not so sure anymore, i.e. I don't know whether to buy the 505 or the Cybook. I'll read on a little more and ask some questions in the appropriate forums and I'll be damned if I wouldn't make a move within the next two weeks.

Ah ja. I also thought about the txtr. Seems to become a damned good gadget. But wait until fall? Noway!

Thanks for the nice forum everyone.

Tobias
Kleki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Hello Tobias and welcome to the forum. Don't forget to take a look into the german sub-forum. All devices you mentioned are amazing - but maybe take a look at the BeBook too...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Tobias and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and let us know what you finally decide.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, Kleki, and welcome to Mobileread.

Enjoy the forums, and ask questions of your fellow Germans on which devices they have.

Best of luck with your final choice!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote