Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Mikeread
Passionate Reader
Mikeread began at the beginning.

Device: none
How easy to replace M92 battery?

Hi,

I still haven't made my order yet, with ereader-store.de, I wonder if I should get a replacement battery along with the M92. Is it easy to replace? I have no experience with electronics at all.
I will be using it extensively, and I don't want pay for it separately with customs and shipping it's going to be very expensive.
What do you think guys?
Mike
Mikeread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
See the "Disassembling of Onyx M92" thread.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #3
Mikeread
Passionate Reader

So by just opening up the device I can replace the battery?
Old 11-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #4
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Open the device, disconnect, connect the new one, close de device, that'all !
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #5
Mikeread
Passionate Reader

Cool
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #6
dkef
Enthusiast
dkef began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeread View Post
I wonder if I should get a replacement battery along with the M92.
It is my experience and opinion that one should always get a replacement battery when buying a device that he intents to use for more than a year. If not right away, then within a few months after purchase. The reason is that batteries for old devices tend to not be available. Unused lithium batteries do not degrade significantly within 2-3 years, so when the initial battery fails, you will have the replacement ready and available!
dkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #7
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Where is the link to the disassembly of i62HD? I've searched and can not find it

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
Where is the link to the disassembly of i62HD? I've searched and can not find it

regards
There is not, for the moment, some info. to do it.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeread View Post
So by just opening up the device I can replace the battery?
I suppose there is something to fix the battery. Something like double sided tape, or velcro.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #10
Mikeread
Passionate Reader

To be honest with you, I would be worried doing it myself. I have no experience with these things. I think I would go to some local shop, to have it replaced.
Thanks, now I know it's always good to get that battery. But I don't think that this battery will be replaced any time soon.
I think all Onyx e-readers have the same battery, haven't they?