Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
vc384
vc384 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Unhappy My kindle touch update from 5.0.1 to 5.0.3 failed

Before updating,I have jailbreak and use shh.
I have ever corrected /opt/amazon/ebook/booklet and /opt/amazon/ebook/lib.Now,it show error 006 and error023.
I am unable to perceive where the problem lay
And I haven't backup,please help me.
vc384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The updates fail if you make changes to various files on the root partition. What files did you change or delete? Did you rename files or copy them to BAK folders as shown in various "ad removal" instruction? If so, you can restore them to their original names or locations.

You may have to ask somebody for any files that you do not have.

You should ALWAYS make a backup copy before changing the root partition in a way that can interfere with updates.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #3
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Any clue, what errors 006 and 023 want us to say.
Have another guy on a german site asking the same question. He is telling only thing he did was jailbreak and rotation-hack (I do not understand, why people use this instead of yifanlus)
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I have a fix. Read this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...48&postcount=4
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
SwJOKER
SwJOKER began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc384 View Post
Before updating,I have jailbreak and use shh.
I have ever corrected /opt/amazon/ebook/booklet and /opt/amazon/ebook/lib.Now,it show error 006 and error023.
I am unable to perceive where the problem lay
And I haven't backup,please help me.
i have that problem too...how fix? >_<
SwJOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert