Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Oberon has Nook Color Covers now

Oberon now has covers for the Nook Color up on their website. Just FYI

http://www.oberondesign.com/nook.php.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Someone should tell them they have the NCs in backwards.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

OH Gosh, I didn't even notice! I was just so excited that they even HAD them!! How funny!
Old 11-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Someone should tell them they have the NCs in backwards.
You can tell it's a total Photoshop job (not that that is bad)...

As pictured, there is actually a lighter section in the middle that exactly corresponds to the screen size and location of the original nook. I'm guessing that they simply obtained the device dimensions and either don't have the cases in hand yet or don't have a device to test them with.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
leday
Groupie

I took a look at the back of my NC and it looks just like that, with the inverted horseshoe logo and the writing with the speaker on the bottom. One wonders, though, if they could get an accurate picture of the back of the NC, why couldn't they get one of the front? In any case....still amusing to me....
Old 11-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by leday View Post
I took a look at the back of my NC and it looks just like that, with the inverted horseshoe logo and the writing with the speaker on the bottom. One wonders, though, if they could get an accurate picture of the back of the NC, why couldn't they get one of the front? In any case....still amusing to me....
No, no. I was referring to the fact that their Nook Color is not uniformly black like a real one; it is a slightly different color where the screen of the classic nook would be.

Click between the home page (linked previously) and the next page that shows the device in the cover to see what I mean.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
From their Features Page:
"*Stiff enough for a reading light attachement."

(P.S.: spell checker much?)
Between the botched photoshop job and that, it makes we wonder if they have ever handled one... not that it in any way reflects on the quality of their actual covers)
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Funny
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #10
leday
Groupie

I think they might have been in a rush to get it up on site maybe, because I had emailed them on Sunday (it wasn't up then) asking which cover they had might possibly fit my NC (possibly the K2 cover???), and low and behold on Monday I got an email from them saying that the covers specifically for the Nook Color were up on site. Rushed through the proofreading maybe???
Old 11-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #11
cw30000
cw30000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cw30000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cw30000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cw30000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cw30000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cw30000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cw30000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cw30000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cw30000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cw30000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cw30000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite
$72 for a cover? That's 1/3 the price of the device. I think I am better off getting warranty from square trade that cost a lot less.
cw30000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #12
leday
Groupie

Yeah, I know they are more expensive than most, but on the plus side, they are extremely well made and very well protective of my device (I have one for my Sony Reader), they are really beautiful (IMO) and definitely not your average run-of-the-mill plain Jane covers (which is what I like personally about them, but that is just again is my personal preference). In that sense, the cost doesn't bother me so much...