Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 04:57 AM   #1
Supergirl
Supergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watch

The Christmas Gift Thread

I am that crazy person who starts shopping for Christmas in September, and try to have all shopping done before Black Friday. This year I found interesting different ebook covers for the whole family, mostly because I am tired of people "accidentally" purloining my reader. What sort of ebook gifts are you planning on giving (or getting) this holiday season?
Supergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
When is black friday?

And I'm not telling! Because my husband might or might not read this forum and thus find out what he wants!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
When is black friday?

And I'm not telling! Because my husband might or might not read this forum and thus find out what he wants!
the friday after Thanksgiving when the christmas season "officially" begins. stores open at a ridiculous hour like 4 in the morning. huge sales begin, people fight, get stampeded and so on. I have never participated in this, and hope someone will institutionalize me if I do
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
the friday after Thanksgiving when the christmas season "officially" begins. stores open at a ridiculous hour like 4 in the morning. huge sales begin, people fight, get stampeded and so on. I have never participated in this, and hope someone will institutionalize me if I do
And when's Thanksgiving?

And I'll do my ordering online, thank you! I do love the commercial from one of our major online stores (bol.com), where you see this father wanting to buy some presents...

(it is best if you do understand some Dutch, because the Saint Nicholas songs on the background describe, kind of, what the man is going through
Old 11-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
it's the last Thursday in November that has a Friday after it (it can never be the LAST day in November)
Old 11-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
... my husband might or might not read this forum and thus find out what he wants!
"...find out what he wants!"
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
Supergirl
Supergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watchSupergirl is clearly one to watch

Quote:
When is black friday?

Yeah my guy reads mobileread too. BUT my other gift recipients while happily ensconced with their ebooks, still have trouble with that dratted email thing and how to "surf". A recently received email ended with, "Running out of room, bye"....

So I feel safe to say that sellers on etsy.com made a lot of money from me with their ebook covers this year.

Fav for sony:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/61184026...k-ereader-kobo

kindle:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/61863231...or?ref=pr_shop

Just wish I they made that kindle cover for sony 650, cause I luvs it.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl View Post
Yeah my guy reads mobileread too. BUT my other gift recipients while happily ensconced with their ebooks, still have trouble with that dratted email thing and how to "surf". A recently received email ended with, "Running out of room, bye"....

So I feel safe to say that sellers on etsy.com made a lot of money from me with their ebook covers this year.

Fav for sony:

kindle:

Wow, that kindle cover IS nice! Have you received it yet, and is it as nice as it appears?
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl View Post

Fav for sony:

kindle:

Old 11-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #10
Supergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Wow, that kindle cover IS nice! Have you received it yet, and is it as nice as it appears?
Haven't have in my hands yet. I'll be able to check it out over Thanksgiving weekend (sent it directly to Thanksgiving/Xmas location), will report back on the cover then
Old 11-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
"...find out what he wants!"
Well, we've been wondering if we actually would give gifts for christmas this year as we never know what we want
Old 11-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
On the 25th of December we always treat ourselves to the video of National Lampoon's Christmas.

Perhaps now is the time to ask that one in DVD from Santa.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #13
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
As both my partner and I may both be out of a job in mid-December, we're not doing Christmas presents. (Note - even lawyers get laid off in this economy) But our extended family has only B&N giftcards on thier lists for me and my Nook. My partner is not an e-reader so much, but is fully supportive of my habit.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Christmas is yonks away yet!

No need to panic....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
As both my partner and I may both be out of a job in mid-December, we're not doing Christmas presents. (Note - even lawyers get laid off in this economy)

Sorry ... Hope something comes along for you both.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote