Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
SLEIGHT MALICE by Vicki Tyley

First, I’d like to take this opportunity to say a big thank to those MR members who read the beta version of Sleight Malice and gave me feedback.

To celebrate the release of SLEIGHT MALICE on Smashwords* (use coupon code TA59B) and Kindle, I’m offering it for the special price of $0.99. (List price $2.99) Offer ends 30 Sep 2010.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

“In perfect Vicki Tyley fashion, ‘Sleight Malice’ entertains and stuns its readers.” – Lit Fest Magazine

SLEIGHT ~ use of dexterity or cunning, especially so as to deceive.
MALICE ~ the intention or desire to do evil; ill will.

One cold Melbourne winter's night a suburban bungalow goes up in flames. Despite their best efforts, firefighters are unable to save the home. When a badly charred body is discovered in the remains, web designer Desley James is devastated. Her best friend, Laura Noble, had been the only one in the house that night - her partner, Ryan Moore, is away in Sydney on business. Then Desley learns the unidentified body is male. But it's not Ryan. He and Laura have disappeared…

Not realising until it's almost too late what some people will do to cover their tracks, Desley teams up with private investigator Fergus Coleman to search for the missing couple.

Cheers
Vicki

*NOTE TO READERS OF PDB FORMAT: Please contact me for a clean copy. Smashwords' convertor currently replaces en dashes, em-dashes and accents with symbols.

Last edited by alvico; 08-21-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Add note to readers of PDB format.
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
If anyone read Thin Blood and thought it good, then read this, Boy it's even BETTER, Vicki really does these suspense / thrillers very well indeed, lots of twists and turns, no Mush, no dribble, just a real good Female lead in a book you won't put down,

And at $0.99 well you can't go wrong,

Congratulations Vicki, a FABULOUS book !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
If anyone read Thin Blood and thought it good, then read this, Boy it's even BETTER, Vicki really does these suspense / thrillers very well indeed, lots of twists and turns, no Mush, no dribble, just a real good Female lead in a book you won't put down,

And at $0.99 well you can't go wrong,

Congratulations Vicki, a FABULOUS book !
I agree.... It was terrific!
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Kevin and Lene. Much appreciated.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:39 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Vicki, this was another great story!

I started Sleight Malice and became so caught up in the story I missed getting to the bank before it closed for the day.

The story and characters are written so well, that I was "in" the story as it happened and forgot the world around me. The story immediately began on a high note and continued with unexpected twists and turns as it kept building to a totally unexpected ending.

Thank you for a very enjoyable day of reading.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Congratulations on your story. It's a great cover. The story sounds terrific.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption-99 cents at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Vicki, this was another great story!

I started Sleight Malice and became so caught up in the story I missed getting to the bank before it closed for the day.

The story and characters are written so well, that I was "in" the story as it happened and forgot the world around me. The story immediately began on a high note and continued with unexpected twists and turns as it kept building to a totally unexpected ending.

Thank you for a very enjoyable day of reading.
I’m chuffed to bits that Sleight Malice caught you up. Sorry about the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraM View Post
Congratulations on your story. It's a great cover. The story sounds terrific.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption-99 cents at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
Thanks, Cara.

Cheers
Vicki
Old 09-06-2010, 04:06 AM   #8
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Vicki!

I just started reading your Sleight Malice today. After reading the first chapter, I got up to make a cup of tea and get chocolate biscuits and settle in. I am enjoying it very much. I read nine chapters then decided I should do some chores and save some of your book for tomorrow.

I look forward to more great reads from your hand. Cheers!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:30 AM   #9
alvico
Addict

Tea and choccy biscuit read is high praise indeed! Not to mention sacrificing the chores...

Actions speak louder than words. I'm thrilled.

Cheers
Vicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Vicki!

I just started reading your Sleight Malice today. After reading the first chapter, I got up to make a cup of tea and get chocolate biscuits and settle in. I am enjoying it very much. I read nine chapters then decided I should do some chores and save some of your book for tomorrow.

I look forward to more great reads from your hand. Cheers!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:45 AM   #10
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Got it, thanks looking forward to reading it-- hopefully before too much longer!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #11
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I have finished it now. Looking for the next one! Where is it?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:14 AM   #12
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Got it, thanks looking forward to reading it-- hopefully before too much longer!
Thanks! Happy reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I have finished it now. Looking for the next one! Where is it?
It's coming, it's coming...

Cheers
Vicki
Old 09-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #13
alvico
Addict

Just a reminder that the $0.99 new release special is about to expire.

Thank you to everyone who purchased SLEIGHT MALICE, either through Smashwords or Amazon.

Happy reading...

Cheers
Vicki
Old 10-18-2010, 04:26 AM   #14
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Just finished it! Great read! Definitely keeps you guessing until the end Review here.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:35 AM   #15
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Vicki's Books are ALL like that .... Very Very hard to put down, and definitely very gripping stories .... Shame she's Lazy and doesn't write 1 a week right ???
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote