Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #16
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
How are official firmware updates distributed? I am impressed with what I've seen about the PocketBook 360, but if this is how firmware updates are distributed, I won't buy one. It shouldn't cost money or be a hassle to download new firmware.
Official Firmware updates should appear within you next 1-2 weeks, but not raised sales began in Germany in late November / early December.
Firmware updates are free, and easy to install.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Firmware updates are easily available from the Pocketbook website http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0= and of course will be available from resellers/distributors in the various countries like myself, Yar and Forkosigan.

Forkosigan is merely trying to share a new update which is not out of beta yet.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Forkosigan ... given that Rapidshare is being useless, do you have any other place to host the firmware for download?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I was able to download it fine (not that I need it). If it's OK with Forkosigan I could post it to MediaFire or something for you guys.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #20
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
I keep getting that there are no free download spots available and need to sign up to be a premium user
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #21
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'm uploading it to MediaFire now. Will post a link in about 10 minutes...

EDIT: Here's a link for MediaFire...
http://www.mediafire.com/?jymrejn0tou

Forkosigan, if you don't want the file shared there let me know and I'll take it down.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 11-11-2009 at 04:41 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #22
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Thanks AnemicOak, I got it.

Are there instructions available for installing it? Do I need to purchase a micro-SD card or can it be loaded from main memory?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #23
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'm uploading it to MediaFire now. Will post a link in about 10 minutes...

EDIT: Here's a link for MediaFire...
http://www.mediafire.com/?jymrejn0tou

Forkosigan, if you don't want the file shared there let me know and I'll take it down.
Thank you! Excellent that you intended you to mediafire!
I have always allowed a normal rapidshare download, I do not think that would be such problems.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #24
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Thanks AnemicOak, I got it.

Are there instructions available for installing it? Do I need to purchase a micro-SD card or can it be loaded from main memory?
You need a microSD and you must connect Pocketbook with a charger.
1) Press the "On"
2) Press the button "Ok" and "top buttons for paging and keep them pressed until a message about this Firmware Update
3) Click "Ok" when you are asked to do so.
4) After reboot. Pocketbook can connect to your computer turned on ADE, and in it for him to pull the book with DRM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #25
tselling
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
You need a microSD and you must connect Pocketbook with a charger.
1) Press the "On"
2) Press the button "Ok" and "top buttons for paging and keep them pressed until a message about this Firmware Update
3) Click "Ok" when you are asked to do so.
4) After reboot. Pocketbook can connect to your computer turned on ADE, and in it for him to pull the book with DRM.
Actually I found that the microSD card is not required. The firmware can be put on the root of the main storage.

Now I can open the protected EPub file but I can only cycle thru 3 font sizes and there are no font choices for both protected and non-protected EPUB files So kind of a step backwards in some ways.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #26
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Actually I found that the microSD card is not required. The firmware can be put on the root of the main storage.

Now I can open the protected EPub file but I can only cycle thru 3 font sizes and there are no font choices for both protected and non-protected EPUB files So kind of a step backwards in some ways.
It is safer to update the memory card. I know what works and without, but not like this advice. This is only a test version, which does not include all the functions for protected files (DRM prevents many functions) Unprotected tethers you can open with FBreader. Long press Ok on the file, then select "open with".
Old 11-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #27
tselling
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
It is safer to update the memory card. I know what works and without, but not like this advice. This is only a test version, which does not include all the functions for protected files (DRM prevents many functions) Unprotected tethers you can open with FBreader. Long press Ok on the file, then select "open with".
Great, thanks.

Last edited by tselling; 11-11-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #28
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
One very little comment: you can connect it either to the outlet with the wall charger, or to your PC with your USB-cable.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #29
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
How are official firmware updates distributed? I am impressed with what I've seen about the PocketBook 360, but if this is how firmware updates are distributed, I won't buy one. It shouldn't cost money or be a hassle to download new firmware.
You can download the latest firware either from the Ukrainian website, or from the US Pocketbook site: www.pocketbookreader.com/support/downloads
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #30
SciFiFan
Connoisseur
SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PocketBook 360° (silbrig-weiss)
Just got my PocketBook 360 from Forkosigan today, with pre-installed beta sofware as requested. Thanks!

The good thing is that you can choose between FBReader and Adobe Reader for EPUB, so you can use the (in my opinion, better) FBReader for books with no DRM. To open a book, hold down the OK (center) button a bit longer to get a context menu with "Open with" option to choose the reader. Previously opened books seem to open again with the chosen reader.
SciFiFan is offline   Reply With Quote