Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2022, 10:01 PM   #61
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Any easy way to see what version of NickelClock you have installed?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Only from the logs at the moment.

I suppose I could write a version file somewhere, or write it to the settings file, if people would find it useful.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 01:35 AM   #62
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
I installed the latest version setting Margin to 62 with clock top left and battery % top right.

It works fine thank you, but the battery font is noticeably bigger than the clock font

Edit: I tried it with the features switched so that Battery % is top left and clock top right, and the battery font is still much larger

Last edited by Ned; 07-20-2022 at 01:40 AM. Reason: more info
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2022, 01:44 AM   #63
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
I installed the latest version setting Margin to 62 with clock top left and battery % top right.

It works fine thank you, but the battery font is noticeably bigger than the clock font

Edit: I tried it with the features switched so that Battery % is top left and clock top right, and the battery font is still much larger
Thanks for the feedback.

On my Glo and Forma, the battery font is the same size as the clock, I'm not sure what's going on here. Which device are you using?
Old 07-20-2022, 01:49 AM   #64
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

On my Glo and Forma, the battery font is the same size as the clock, I'm not sure what's going on here. Which device are you using?
The Aura H2O.

I'll try it on the Forma.

Edit: Yes, on the Forma they're the same size.

The Forma and Libra 2 are the ones I use mainly.
The Aura H2O is pretty old and I only use it as a backup device, so no need for you to look into it as far as I'm concerned thank you. There can't be that many left around

this is the Aura H2O
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	195159  

Last edited by Ned; 07-20-2022 at 03:53 AM.
Old 07-20-2022, 02:07 AM   #65
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post

No problem on the Libra 2.

The battery also is not shaved off as experienced by jackie_w.

I cut and pasted the clock and battery and put them side by side to see.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen_037.png
Views:	1146
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	195157   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_037a.png
Views:	115
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	195158  
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2022, 11:04 AM   #66
Ned
Ebook reader

Just to confirm that on my Libra 2 it looks brilliant and to say Thank you
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Libra 2 Nickel Clock.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	195169  
Old 07-25-2022, 11:22 PM   #67
Tawn
Connoisseur
Tawn began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Libra 2
In ref. to some book's chapter headings being long & making pages/time bump into each other:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Chapter headings/titles are, more often than not, longer than the title. You can swap the header and footer via patch so the chapter titles are in the footer position, then use footer location for the clock so it will appear in the header position with the book title
Finally got a chance to review/do the patches. (I also did the 'Don't uppercase header/footer text' which makes the text take up somewhat less space.) Just FYI the patches are all that is necessary; no need to change the clock setting - it will still actually appear in the header position which now contains the book title. Thanks again!
Tawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 12:02 AM   #68
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
In ref. to some book's chapter headings being long & making pages/time bump into each other:

Finally got a chance to review/do the patches. (I also did the 'Don't uppercase header/footer text' which makes the text take up somewhat less space.) Just FYI the patches are all that is necessary; no need to change the clock setting - it will still actually appear in the header position which now contains the book title. Thanks again!
Thanks for the info. so this means that the patches does not affect the clock position.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:43 AM   #69
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Thanks for the info. so this means that the patches does not affect the clock position.
Yeah, I wouldn't expect it to.

Time for a bit of technobabble:

The header and footer are a widget that uses a horizontal box layout manager (QHBoxLayout). This means that when you add widgets, Qt will add them next to each other. The default header/footer has single child widget (the caption), which stretches to fill it's parent. NickelClock adds two more widgets to the header/footer, one before the caption, one after. The two widgets are one of time, battery or spacer.

You can use something called a stretch factor to determine how big widgets can be relative to their siblings. In this case, the NickelClock widgets have a stretch factor set the same for each widget, and smaller than the caption stretch factor. This means that the caption should expand to fill the available space, and the two other widgets should be the same size to keep the caption centred.

The only other thing to worry about is setting margins/padding/font size (which in many ways is the hard bit...).
Old 07-26-2022, 02:13 AM   #70
windirt
windirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra2
A small request, whether there can be a setting to toggle the clock's 12/24 hour mode?because my locale prefers to display 24 hour mode.
windirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 02:16 AM   #71
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by windirt View Post
A small request, whether there can be a setting to toggle the clock's 12/24 hour mode?because my locale prefers to display 24 hour mode.
Not possible sorry. The clock is literally the same one Kobo uses elsewhere.
Old 07-26-2022, 03:32 AM   #72
windirt
windirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to beholdwindirt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Not possible sorry. The clock is literally the same one Kobo uses elsewhere.
No problem, thanks for the explanation.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screendump.png
Views:	197
Size:	609.9 KB
ID:	195294  
windirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 05:22 AM   #73
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by windirt View Post
As @sherman said, the choice for 12 or 24 hours depends on the locale. The locale is based on the language selected for the UI and stored in the config file. In some cases, you can change this to a more specific local. For example, if you choose English as the language, it will use:

Code:
CurrentLocale=en
You can change the locale to "en_GB" or "en_AU" or whatever suits. From memory, "en_GB" uses 24 hour clock.

This doesn't work for all languages. For Spanish, Portuguese and French, there are two choices in the languages. The second one will be the more specific form, such as "pt_BR" or "fr_CA", I don't know what the other will look like and if it can be changed safely.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:59 PM   #74
Alexia
Bookworm
Alexia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Libra Colour
Thanks a lot. It works perfectly!

Last edited by Alexia; 07-27-2022 at 10:09 PM.
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 07:02 PM   #75
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

You can change the locale to "en_GB" or "en_AU" or whatever suits. From memory, "en_GB" uses 24 hour clock.
Will this change also affect the other LOCALE dependent values like CURRENCY?

Last edited by frquixote; 08-21-2022 at 07:17 PM.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote