Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-06-2023, 02:33 PM   #316
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by levoz85 View Post
ciao avrei bisogno di un immagine per il mio kobo glo.
grazie mille
Quote:
Hi I need an image for my kobo glo.
A thousand thanks
Please post requests for firmware images in the correct thread and not in multiple threads.

For your Glo N613, post in the Kobo Glo: Need SD card image thread.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 12:24 AM   #317
Henk Poley
Henk Poley began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD ̵&̵ ̵L̵i̵b̵r̵a̵ &
After overwriting an SD card with the ancient OS image, and resetting it to 'factory settings', I had issues connection to WiFi, or getting the macOS Kobo app to update the 'firm'ware.

This worked:

Again wrote the image to SD.

Downloaded Aura HD firmware update here: https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

Extracted the files to /Volumes/KOBOeReader/.kobo, according to this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=145177

The next boot sequence will looked messed up. A kind of ghostly sideways and repeated "don't turn off" (🚫+⏼) with the same repetition of three dots circling.

Your Kobo still updates to the latest OS, even though the update developer couldn't get the screen to work properly 😅.

Now you can reset your Kobo Aura HD, it will connect to WiFi, and will you can do the rest as expected.
Henk Poley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2024, 04:31 AM   #318
Henk Poley

Ah, the Kobo Aura HD PCB is 'E606C0'.

So it wouldn't surprise me if you had to rename /Volumes/KOBOeReader/.kobo/upgrade/mx50-ntx/uImage-E606C0 to /Volumes/KOBOeReader/.kobo/upgrade/mx50-ntx/uImage and move the original out of the way, to make the update boot image look nice and clean.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:37 AM   #319
Henk Poley

Ah, and you need to do the recent firmware update before a 'factory reset', because of the May 25th 2023 mandatory Kobo update (I think they added TLS 1.3 support or something, to talk with their webservers). Which would make it impossible to finish the enrolment wizard on the e-Reader with older firmware.

E.g. this Kobo FAQ: I got a message from Kobo about updates to my device. What should I do?

Last edited by Henk Poley; 02-20-2024 at 04:41 AM.

Tags
glo, glo memory upgrade mod, hack, increase, kobo, sdcard