Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2023, 07:19 AM   #136
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Thank you. it works well.

Screen 1 NickelClock 0.30
Screen 2 NickelClock Spacing Test
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_032 NickelClock 030.png
Views:	228
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	202632   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_032b NickelClock Spacing Test.png
Views:	229
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	202633  

Last edited by hatuluang; 07-13-2023 at 07:21 AM. Reason: add the images
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 07:20 AM   #137
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuluang View Post
Thank you. it works well.

Screen 1 NickelClock 0.30
Screen 2 NickelClock Spacing Test
Your screen shots have not been posted.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 11:17 PM   #138
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
v0.3.1 release

I've made a release which includes the spacing fix discussed prior. There are no other changes.

As per usual, you can get it from Github.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 09:56 AM   #139
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thank you!
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 10:56 AM   #140
stylemessiah
stylemessiah began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Love this, however on last 2 firmwares (i started using it on second to last) on my Clara HD it works for a while, and then the battery and time indicators disappear....does work again after reflashing the zip, for a while
stylemessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 05:27 AM   #141
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
Love this, however on last 2 firmwares (i started using it on second to last) on my Clara HD it works for a while, and then the battery and time indicators disappear....does work again after reflashing the zip, for a while
Hmm, I guess I really need to update my Forma to the latest firmware and NickelClock to see if it happens to me...
Old 09-05-2023, 04:00 AM   #142
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
@sherman Hello, had you take a loock, about my Post #123

Last edited by jamalau; 09-06-2023 at 07:48 AM.
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 06:52 PM   #143
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
I didn't see this mentioned, hopefully I didn't miss it. Is NickelClock compatible with NickelMenu?

I have NM installed. When I did the install step for NC, nothing was added to .adds

wasn't sure if there was a different set of steps if NM was already there.
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:03 PM   #144
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
NickelClock has little to do with NickelMenu. However, if you copied the KoboRoot.tgz file into the .kobo directory on your Clara HD and safely ejected it, you should have seen the Updating process start up and then your Clara HD will restart. After which in .adds/nickelclock, you should see the uninstall file (delete it and NickelClock will uninstall itself) and the default settings.ini.

If you don't see that directory and files, you might want to try the install again since something went very wrong.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-12-2024 at 07:06 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:31 PM   #145
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Right, I know they're not related, but the install is the same. So I've already done the KoboRoot dance and have .adds/nm

When I do the process for NickelClock. the device updates/reboots as expected, but no files are put in .adds
Old 02-12-2024, 10:16 PM   #146
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
Right, I know they're not related, but the install is the same. So I've already done the KoboRoot dance and have .adds/nm

When I do the process for NickelClock. the device updates/reboots as expected, but no files are put in .adds
I just tried it on my Clara HD and after the KoboRoot.tgz from NickelClock-v0.3.1.zip was extracted, copied to the .kobo directory and installed, I had nm and nickelclock directories in the .adds directory with settings.ini and uninstall in the nickelclock directory.

When I look at the KoboRoot.tgz file, KoboRoot.tgz => KoboRoot.tar => . => mnt => onboard => .adds => nickelclock, the uninstall file is present in that directory in the archive.

This suggests that if you don't see that, the install procedure was borked.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:38 PM   #147
jwilker
Connoisseur

So weird, but thanks!! Def means it's on my side. Guessing something weird when MacOS opens the zip.

I used terminal to turn it back into an actual tgz. must have done something wrong there.

Thanks so much!!
Old 02-13-2024, 04:00 PM   #148
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
So weird, but thanks!! Def means it's on my side. Guessing something weird when MacOS opens the zip.

I used terminal to turn it back into an actual tgz. must have done something wrong there.

Thanks so much!!
Oh yeah, that explains it. Apparently Safari on MacOS "helpfully" extracts files when you download them.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:19 PM   #149
jwilker
Connoisseur

Yeah. 9/10 times it's helpful. when you need that archive to stay that way... less so, LOL
Old 03-10-2024, 11:56 AM   #150
Dibbler
Enthusiast
Dibbler began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Kobo Aura One and Clara 2E
mmm my post vanished....

This installed ok on my Sage, meaning I had to make the file "settings.ini" read only. If I didn't then the change to the battery to "true" would revert to "false", even after saving the file.

Both the battery and the time are now displayed whilst reading.

Thanks for this
Dibbler is offline   Reply With Quote