Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 06:33 PM   #61
raisjn
raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo libra h2o, kobo clara hd, kobo elipsa 2e
I've been following up on the KA1 and also see that the swipe gesture doesn't work. I think I need to update the input handling, will follow up on that and respond back when I have more info. One option can be to use longpress as the remux launch gesture (see remux README and genie README for details on how to configure the gesture). I'm also looking into what the thread exceptions are.

With help from NiLuJe, pgaskin and sherm_p, I got the KOX toolchain for kobo working and integrated that into the github build actions. There are fbink based kobo builds in https://build.rmkit.dev/fbink/latest/kobo/ that should work on more kobo devices (any fbink supported device should mostly work). Any testing results will be appreciated!

EDIT: thank you, elinkser. i made a new post to announce rmkit+fbink

Last edited by raisjn; 02-11-2024 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:04 PM   #62
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hey raisjn, I believe the above post should be post #1 of a new thread, not buried at #61, don't you agree?

Especially, if there are (edit: instructions,etc, conventionally) on the lead post that people link to - it's a little awkward for me not being the originator.

Welcome to rmkit on FBInk!

Please see new thread in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=359125

Last edited by elinkser; 02-12-2024 at 10:07 PM. Reason: instructions
Old 02-18-2024, 12:22 PM   #63
raisjn
raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.raisjn can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo libra h2o, kobo clara hd, kobo elipsa 2e
@Clouds:

can you try the latest remux build from https://build.rmkit.dev/fbink/latest/kobo/? make sure to use `chmod +x remux` after downloading it or use KoboRoot.tgz to install it

Quote:
Could it be that the launcher is actually shown, but then quickly hidden again (before even being rendered to screen) because the swipe up is also interpreted as clicking outside the menu, thus closing it?
yup, that seemed to be part of the problem - that should now be fixed! i also changed my remux gesture to a long press on the KA1 since swiping is difficult. you can change the gesture by editing the file `/home/root/.config/remux/remux.conf` and adding the line `launch_gesture=gesture=tap;fingers=1;duration=0.5 `. this works really well for me now on the KA1

one of the last remaining things to do is scale the UI for more apps so they look good on the KA1.

Last edited by raisjn; 02-18-2024 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:22 PM   #64
Clouds
Clouds began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisjn View Post
@Clouds:
can you try the latest remux build from https://build.rmkit.dev/fbink/latest/kobo/? make sure to use `chmod +x remux` after downloading it or use KoboRoot.tgz to install it
Installed the new KoboRoot.tgz, and remux works like a charm now!
Swipe up/down gesture works without any problems, even in apps that would use that input themselves too like Harmony.

Awesome!

Thank you and @elinkser for your efforts!
Old 02-27-2024, 07:23 PM   #65
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Installed the new KoboRoot.tgz, and remux works like a charm now!
Swipe up/down gesture works without any problems, even in apps that would use that input themselves too like Harmony.

Awesome!

Thank you and @elinkser for your efforts!
That's great, clouds.
So it means I could remove the uploaded remux since a more recent version version is available here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...77&postcount=1

It's not clear to me if you can now run the puzzles collection from here:
https://github.com/rmkit-dev/remarkable_puzzles

If so I will remove the puzzles upload from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=26
Old 02-28-2024, 04:14 PM   #66
Clouds
Clouds began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by elinkser View Post
That's great, clouds.
So it means I could remove the uploaded remux since a more recent version version is available here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...77&postcount=1
Yes, the recent version works fine.

Quote:
It's not clear to me if you can now run the puzzles collection from here:
https://github.com/rmkit-dev/remarkable_puzzles
Spoiler:

As far as I can see there are no binaries there?

I've tried building them myself using the instructions there, but without any good results. I get stuck at "make debug" throwing an error that generated-games.h doesn't exist and can't be included.
Admittedly I don't really know anything about building binaries so it's really trial and (mostly) error.

So until I manage to build the binaries myself yours are very much appreciated!

[EDIT]
Apparently that header file was missing because I made the GIT clone without --recurse-submodules at first. Now I can build the binaries myself, and I'll continue testing and trying and erroring :-)

Also, with help from one of your other posts I did find the compiled binaries at https://github.com/mrichards42/remar...puzzles.tar.gz

That one doesn't work for me:

Code:
[root@kobo bin]# ./puzzles
./puzzles: /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by ./puzzles)
./puzzles: /lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by ./puzzles)
./puzzles: /lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found (required by ./puzzles)
./puzzles: /lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./puzzles)
[/EDIT]

When starting puzzles (the version you built and posted on this forum) over SSH using RMKIT_KOBO_ANY=1, I still get a blank screen but the process starts and reacts to (some) touch inputs.
Unfortunately there are no screen updates; they have to be forced by launching a different app and then launch puzzles again. But at least I do see the puzzles main screen and some of the puzzles sometimes!

Another issue is that input is inverted on both axis. Setting any combination of INV_X=1, INV_Y=1, ROT_4=1 and/or SWP_XY=1 doesn't seem to make any difference.

Last edited by Clouds; 02-28-2024 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:29 PM   #67
elinkser
Groupie

OK that sounds like my uploaded puzzles binary isn't all that usable so...DELETE.

Clouds, can you test the Mines app in the main rmkit download and report the result in the main thread?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=359125

(If that works, then I think it should be similar for raisjn to fix puzzles.)
I am also hoping to retire this thread in favor of the other one.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:00 PM   #68
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I'm closing this thread. Any further posts should be made in the rmkit comes to kobo!
Closed Thread