Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-01-2019, 05:26 AM   #1
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Making a list of Series in Calibre

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to make a list of my series that I have set up in Calibre? I have quite a lot. I don't want to list all the books, just have a list of the book series with their authors.
Is this something I can actually do?
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:22 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
The Job Spy plugin allows you to export a list of all your series.

I don't know of an easy way to get a series-author list short of doing so on a per-book basis. Create catalog or command-line calibredb list will show the info but does so per book, iirc. Mind, you could always export to CSV and deduplicate the generated list using OpenOffice, LibreOffice, Excel or similar.

Only way I can think of to get the series-authors list directly is if you open a copy of metadata.db with SQLiteBrowser or something and execute a SQL query. Note, emphasis on copy. You don't want to be messing around with and risk corrupting your actual Calibre metadata.db file.

Code:
SELECT DISTINCT series.name AS series, authors.name AS authors 
FROM series, authors, books_authors_link, books_series_link 
WHERE books_authors_link.book=books_series_link.book AND authors.id=books_authors_link.author AND series.id=books_series_link.series 
ORDER BY authors.name, series.name

Last edited by ilovejedd; 04-01-2019 at 10:30 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #3
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Thank you! I'll have a look at the Job Spy plugin.
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, series column