Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #46
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
As I wrote above. I for example sometimes want to read 50 or 100 pages in a book each day since I want to finish by a specific date. And as has been discussed in another thread it is a question of creating the perception of progress. And a numerical value is much better for this than a progress bar with very little visible change.

My point was that Amazon has done a very good design in the K2 and all other manufacturer of readers should look at it and imitate it.
Wow! What is this? Book absorption in place of flagellation? I haven't had "read so many pages" goals since... well not even college! Reading is 99% of the time a pleasure! I didn't even need to set goals to get through the NEC (National Electric COde).

Yes, Chapter indications would be verrrrrry helpful!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #47
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
As I wrote above. I for example sometimes want to read 50 or 100 pages in a book each day since I want to finish by a specific date. And as has been discussed in another thread it is a question of creating the perception of progress. And a numerical value is much better for this than a progress bar with very little visible change.

My point was that Amazon has done a very good design in the K2 and all other manufacturer of readers should look at it and imitate it.
Well I certainly agree that the K2's scheme is a big improvement!
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert