Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
AvPlaya
AvPlaya began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Protective Pouch/Case for the Sony Lightwedge Cover

Hi,

I just recently bought a PRS-505 due to the many great comments in this forum, so I'd thought I'll ask for help here as well.

I've just got a Sony Lightwedge cover on sale at Staples ($39.99). I thought it was too much for me at $69, but for $40 I'll bite for the convenience of factor. Now I'm looking to use it as my permanent cover. However, I travel a lot and I don't feel protected with only the cover - I think I may need to put the whole thing into another hard-shell case or soft pouch before I can toss it into my backpack. But what will fit a PRS-505 with a Lightwedge cover? Will the book armor do it? Anyone else doing the same?

I am thinking about putting the whole thing into a netbook sleeve since the sizes are similar, albiet a bit larger. Anyone else doing this?
AvPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Go to the dollar store and fit it against the various plastic food containers until you find one that matches sort of closely. If you don't like it, then you have another dish to bring your lunch to work in without losing any cash.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
See my post here about my ordeal, but I have the same cover and have had it on exclusively. I survived a 6 foot fall going 55MPH+ because I had it in a daytimer cover. It is an "At-A-Glance" leather daytimer that measures 6.25" x 9" x 1" that has a zipper that completely encloses it. I removed the calendar and cut about a 1" slice out of the part the calendar slid into to allow the back cover of the light wedge cover to slide all the way in. It was about $25 dollars for the leather one, but now I think it was well worth it.

The measurements I mention are outside dimensions. If you look for anything that fits the 5.5" x 8.5" calendars, that is the size that fits inside the cover.

Last edited by jedavis1; 09-02-2009 at 07:50 AM.
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote