Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-28-2014, 04:45 AM   #1
cager
Connoisseur
cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: none
Copy only one format

Is there a way to copy only one format from a selection of books to another library?

I want to put all my epub versions in one new library.
In my main library all formats have been merged to one title per book.
cager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:14 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I would just duplicate the library then remove the formats you don't want in it using "Remove all formats from selected books, except", then remove all books with no formats.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I would just duplicate the library then remove the formats you don't want in it using "Remove all formats from selected books, except", then remove all books with no formats.
That alone won't work; 'Remove all formats, except...' will not remove formats from books that don't have the 'except' format. One of Kovids' buit-in safety measures

But followed by 'not formats:epub" will let the OP delete all books that didn't have an epub in the first place.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
That alone won't work; 'Remove all formats, except...' will not remove formats from books that don't have the 'except' format. One of Kovids' buit-in safety measures

But followed by 'not formats:epub" will let the OP delete all books that didn't have an epub in the first place.
Teach me not to post solutions that I haven't actually tried.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:34 AM   #5
cager
Connoisseur
cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: none
Thanks for the replies.
More or less what I did originally.

Now when I convert a new book I end up with two formats in one library entry. Can I split the entry to give one for each format or just copy one format to anotehr library?
cager is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert