Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
ellentk
Enthusiast
ellentk began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 10, iPhone 7, iPadMini 4
Any way to go to last page on K3?

Is there any way to go to the last page of a book (not the last page read)
on the K3?

Thanks.

Ellen
ellentk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Going to the last location (or page if enabled) would probably be the easiest.

Menu > Go to... > enter last location (seen when you first hit menu).
------------------

Or as I look it up, hit Menu > Go to... > End.

You may need to hit back a page after that though.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
ellentk
Enthusiast

Thanks. I just got the K3 and am playing around with some free books. None of them have the Go To > End option, but I can get there with > Location >page number.

Is the lack of the Go To > End option due to the K3 interface or does this interface vary with the book.

A feature I'd love to see is fast forward and rewind.

Thanks for your help.

Ellen
Old 02-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellentk View Post
Thanks. I just got the K3 and am playing around with some free books. ...
Is the lack of the Go To > End option due to the K3 interface or does this interface vary with the book....
Its the Kindle interface. To be more accurate, its the "old" Kindle interface.

The new K3 firmware update, version 3.1, adds "end" as one of the "Go To" options along with the new "Page" option (active only in some newer books). When you update your K3 (it probably shipped with 3.02) the new "end" option will become available.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellentk View Post
Is the lack of the Go To > End option due to the K3 interface or does this interface vary with the book.
I think it requires the Kindle 3.1 firmware upgrade. This was just pushed out to my Kindle... and because I don't remember seeing the End option before, I'm guessing that's why it showed up.
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
ellentk
Enthusiast

Yes it does. I just got my 3.1 update today and the Go To > End option is there.
Thanks for your reply.