Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
Mike 01Hawk
Enthusiast
Mike 01Hawk doesn't litterMike 01Hawk doesn't litter

Device: K3 Wifi Graphite :)
Question Who else is a 'Refurbished' K2 joiner? My story to acquiring a $4 K3 Wifi :)

Once Amazon started the fire sale of new K2s under the 'refurbished' disguise back in mid July, I had to jump on board!

Here's my time line for those bored @ home constantly hitting F5 on their tracking screen! lol

July 15th: Ordered 'Refurbished' K2 for $110 USD
July 19th: K2 arrived, screen was dead on arrival
July 19th: Talk to Amazon CSR, replacement is sent!!!
July 21st: 2nd K2 arrives. It works!!!
July 21st - July 28th: Enjoying my K2 every day
July 28th: I hear news of the K3 Wifi being released for $139 USD
July 28th - August 1st: Waffle back and forth if I should 'upgrade'. Finally decide to list my K2 for sale locally.
August 1st: Sell my K2 For $150 USD making a nice $40 profit
August 1st: Pre-order K3 Wifi
August 20th: Unable to resist the temptation to sell my K3 pre-order on Ebay any longer I sell it for $260 USD!!! A tidy profit of ~$95 USD
August 20th: Order my '4th' Kindle, another K3 Wifi for the grand total out the door pocket cost of $3.78. Should be delivered between August 27th - Mid September.

So, there's my long winded story of my new relationship with the Kindle.... being without her since August 1st is really really sucking.

Last edited by Mike 01Hawk; 08-26-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Mike 01Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
That makes you a true hero
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
karthwyne
Connoisseur
karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Wifi, Kindle US
Lucky. I ordered the K2 on July 12 for $110. I didn't receive it until July 21, 2010.

No waffling for me though. I ordered the K3 as soon as it went active and I could get to a PC. The K2 is going to the wife.
karthwyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Being Kindle-less for that long would not be worth the cost savings to me.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
Mike 01Hawk
Enthusiast
Mike 01Hawk doesn't litterMike 01Hawk doesn't litter

Device: K3 Wifi Graphite :)
That's exactly what my wife says. I get the eye roll every time I bring up the subject
Mike 01Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 01Hawk View Post
Once Amazon started the fire sale of new K2s under the 'refurbished' disguise back in mid July, I had to jump on board!

Here's my time line for those bored @ home constantly hitting F5 on their tracking screen! lol

July 15th: Ordered 'Refurbished' K2 for $110 USD
July 19th: K2 arrived, screen was dead on arrival
July 19th: Talk to Amazon CSR, replacement is sent!!!
July 21st: 2nd K2 arrives. It works!!!
July 21st - July 28th: Enjoying my K2 every day
July 28th: I hear news of the K3 Wifi being released for $139 USD
July 28th - August 1st: Waffle back and forth if I should 'upgrade'. Finally decide to list my K2 for sale locally.
August 1st: Sell my K2 For $150 USD making a nice $40 profit
August 1st: Pre-order K3 Wifi
August 20th: Unable to resist the temptation to sell my K3 pre-order on Ebay any longer I sell it for $260 USD!!! A tidy profit of ~$95 USD
August 20th: Order my '4th' Kindle, another K3 Wifi for the grand total out the door pocket cost of $3.78. Should be delivered between August 27th - Mid September.

So, there's my long winded story of my new relationship with the Kindle.... being without her since August 1st is really really sucking.
Hooray! Work it! Work it! Work it!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote