Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
spec2
Enthusiast
spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.spec2 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
HD corrupted. Do I have to hard reset my Reader?

I use a Mac w/ Parallels to sync my Reader and my virtual Win drive got corrupted and stopped working. I established another virtual drive, but now I can't delete books off of my Reader since it they were linked to the now damaged "drive." Is a complete hard reset and then re-syncing all my books my only option now? Is there an easier way?
spec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
you can access the Reader like a separate drive to delete stuff or copy it off the device & once it's empty re-sync once you have the Sony software setup how you want it. No need for a hard reset.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 AM   #3
Benedics
Benedics began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Hello, I have the Sony 505 and it appears that the screen is "smeared" in the top right hand corner. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Susan in Botswana
Benedics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Hello, I have the Sony 505 and it appears that the screen is "smeared" in the top right hand corner. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Susan in Botswana
Hi Susan, is there any chance you could take a picture of the screen? a reset may fix it if its software related, but if its a broken screen you might need to have Sony fix it.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
We are now off-topic in here. Please take this to a new thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert