Device: Kobo
Dirty Blue Button

How can I clean my dirty blue button?

Thanks!
terifili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Because it is porous, "surface" cleaners might not work. SOmetimes some stains "penetrate" a porous surface.

I am testing a couple alternatives - GooBeGone types of stuff. I'll report back in a day or so. I thought the "orange-based" cleaners might work - but not yet.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by terifili View Post

Thanks!
I use an eyeglass cleaner on the whole reader. Works perfectly for me
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Pookeysgirl - have you cleaned any "stains" on the D-Pad cover?

Normal stuff gets cleaned well with eyeglass cleaner ... Maybe that's all the original poster needs!

There's another thread somewhere where someone has a "dye" from a cheapie eBook cover that's "infiltrated"/penetrated his D-Pad cover.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
Pookeysgirl - have you cleaned any "stains" on the D-Pad cover?
In the short time that I had the white kobo my blue button got so dirty there were black marks on it from the kids playing with it (who knows what was on a young boys' fingers ). I used the eyeglass cleaner with a microfibre cloth and the black marks came out without a problem.

I also use it to get oil stains from my fingers off my black kobo.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
I gave my white kobo to my father and got a black one... solved my dirty blue button!
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
terifili
Enthusiast
terifili doesn't litterterifili doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_steve View Post
I gave my white kobo to my father and got a black one... solved my dirty blue button!
I imagine the gray button will get black marks on it eventually, nobody has oil free fingertips...

I'll try the eyeglass cleaner, maybe a magic eraser?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #8
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
I imagine the gray button will get black marks on it eventually, nobody has oil free fingertips...

I'll try the eyeglass cleaner, maybe a magic eraser?
Solved right there then... no one has oil free fingers so you'll probably have to deal with a dirty button.
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #9
leighisme
Connoisseur
leighisme began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4, iPad2
I've read 36 books on my black Kobo and my button is still clean...
leighisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:54 AM   #10
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighisme View Post
I've read 36 books on my black Kobo and my button is still clean...
Yes I was beginning to think I must have OCD and be washing my hands too much!
I have had my current kobo since the beginning of June. I read for several hours every day and my black kobo is clean and always has been. I've never had fingerprints on it, or any other marks and the button is still grey.
I have never cleaned it with anything and it looks exactly like it did when I opened the box....
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #11
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Ditto my black. Looks brand new and have used it regularly since beginning of June.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #12
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... I've read 36 books on my black Kobo and my button is still clean ...

Please provide your reading list ... apparently it is "cleaner" than many others'. (grin)
Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 AM   #13
leighisme
Connoisseur
leighisme began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4, iPad2
Quote:
Please provide your reading list ... apparently it is "cleaner" than many others'. (grin)
LOL. I'm afraid my reading list isn't as clean as you think...
leighisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:52 AM   #14
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
>> ... I've read 36 books on my black Kobo and my button is still clean ...

Actually now that you mention it perhaps we should be asking about the not so clean reading lists instead ....
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #15
terifili
Enthusiast
terifili doesn't litterterifili doesn't litter

Angry

Quote:

Thanks!
OK, I tried, eyeglass cleaner, clorox wipes, goo gone... Nothing worked yet...