Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #106
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Also keep in mind SS that there are a lot of different programs and ways to lose weight and inches. Just make sure to do it the healthy way and follow a routine like beppe's or even develop or customize one of your own.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #107
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Well SneakySnake,

I have just seen your thread and I too am counting those calories and have been for about a week. I am using an Android App on my Archos tablet to keep trackof it all (The app is called Diet and Food).

So far so good, have last a couple of pounds, down to 196 now but want to try to get to 168. I have worked it through with the papp and that means I should be slim and handsomely beautiful by September, although it didn't mention what year lol.

Hope it is going ok for you, must confess I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if you have already said

Pev

Ok I have read the thread now and am really pleased I did. Thanks all for the tips etc

Last edited by Peverel; 06-15-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #108
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Wasnt saying 3500 minus 4000 cals . I was saying that 3,500 through 4000 calories.

There is a LOT of contradiction on the internet about if a lb of body fat is 3500 or 4000 cals...so to keep out of that argument on the other sites I claim a range of both.
----

I am sorry, more for not having had the doubt that you would not have made a blunder like that, oh bright angel. The 10000000 post burner. Did you like that?
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:54 AM   #109
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

LOL
Old 06-26-2010, 03:41 AM   #110
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:

LOL
If we didn't have all of our 'new age means' no one would be over weight...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 05:32 AM   #111
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
And we wouldn't have time to read or watch TV either.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #112
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I can happily report that over the past 15 weeks I've been pretty good about eating healthy every meal. I've had some violations but none terribly serious or repetitive. I'm still struggling to exercise daily, though, and need to solve that somehow. The result is 31 pounds lost, my blood pressure is now normal, and my total cholesterol is consistently 117 even though I've been taking only half my prescribed statin daily. I'll need to talk to my doctor soon to see if I should just eliminate it.

Any other progress reports?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #113
happy_terd
Banned

http://walking.about.com/cs/howtolos...howcalburn.htm

If you are having trouble picking up an exercise routine you can always start off by walking an hour a night. That can burn up to a few hundred calories.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #114
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Because I am away. I have been OFF the good eating and exercise plan. Just trying to get some vegetables is a struggle. And I had chocolates and Cointreau last night. I have been eating poorly for the past 11 days, and it will be another 7 before I get home. I wonder what the scales will say? It usually results in 1 to 2 kilos added on. But this time I have been running up and down the stairs a lot, so maybe.....
Old 07-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #115
happy_terd
Banned

Hey SS.

You can always burn some calories by putting on a belly dancing routine for the lounge.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #116
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I can happily report that over the past 15 weeks I've been pretty good about eating healthy every meal. I've had some violations but none terribly serious or repetitive. I'm still struggling to exercise daily, though, and need to solve that somehow. The result is 31 pounds lost, my blood pressure is now normal, and my total cholesterol is consistently 117 even though I've been taking only half my prescribed statin daily. I'll need to talk to my doctor soon to see if I should just eliminate it.

Any other progress reports?
I am so proud of you. Everybody can see from your avatar that things look good.

Yes I can handle in my progress report.

I am continuing on my almost veg diet with free alcohol (started on April 26, so it is more or less like you), with some episodic violations. Like tonight that dinner was a slice of pizza and a beer. But it was already 9 pm, unbelievable hot,no desire of cooking and that's what wife wanted for dinner.

I do not do any measurements, nor take any prescriptions. I just observe some external results.

I can put on old clothes. Weird satisfaction in this consumer era. I keep gaining on watch bands and belts. My walk is faster and easier. I feel less tired at the end of the day. People notice it. The owner of the nursery of LittleDaughter keeps telling me that I look like an Hollywood actor, she is an attractive 40 years old, probably in dire need of an oculist check up and she should not tease patrem familiae pulchrum morigeratumque . I keep on my benign and inscrutable expression. What else. She is referring to my usual attire of white short sleeved shirt, cream pants and Avana MonteCristo (recent acquisition: my self-gratification for the diet) , old fashioned tennis shoes, white socks of Scottish thread (that's how they call them here, short, I am the only one in NW Lombardy to wear them, by the difficulty in finding them). Maybe she is thinking of WC Fields, the ignoramus. My nose is impeccable. It could be taken for a kuros. Every week I have acces to more old gartments that I could not wear anymore. I gage a loss similar to yours. Ah, I bought a nice jacket for a wedding in early September. I am tempted for us to sleep over and have a lot of fun at the wedding. It is in Cremona, a couple of hours drive from home. A marriage without libations is a sad scene.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #117
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've been on the Engine 2 Diet for almost 5 months. I put on a lot of weight when I moved back home to take care of Mom, but I'm down 40+ pounds right now. The Dr. just took me off one of my Diabetes meds, and cut my other meds in half. The plan is to cut my other Diabetes med in half then eliminate it as long as my blood sugar doesn't rise.

It's a low fat vegan diet and is available for the Kindle, and I'm assuming other readers. Engine 2 Diet

Last edited by carld; 07-18-2010 at 07:52 PM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #118
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Because I am away. I have been OFF the good eating and exercise plan. Just trying to get some vegetables is a struggle. And I had chocolates and Cointreau last night. I have been eating poorly for the past 11 days, and it will be another 7 before I get home. I wonder what the scales will say? It usually results in 1 to 2 kilos added on. But this time I have been running up and down the stairs a lot, so maybe.....
And good company I imagine.

You will always win. If you gain you have an excuse to buy new pajamas (flanellette?). If not you will feel very good.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #119
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Hey SS.

You can always burn some calories by putting on a belly dancing routine for the lounge.
How did you know I did belly dancing?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #120
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
And good company I imagine.

You will always win. If you gain you have an excuse to buy new pajamas (flanellette?). If not you will feel very good.
I was all alone in my new pink kitty pyjamas, drinking Cointreau and eating chocolate. So yes I was in good company. Tonight I will have the company of the boss's husband again.