Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
vadindot
vadindot began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad 2
Changing Button functions

there are two things i am looking to do with the hard buttons:

1. disable the ids button... I am editing some of my writing, and I usually do it in landscape mode... I can't even tell you the number of times I accidentally press the ids button with my right thumb. My current solution involves taping a shirt button over the ids button, but I'd rather go another route if possible.

2. is it possible to have the Notes/Books/Docs/News buttons open up specific documents instead of just a folder? I would love to be able to go back and forth between a thesaurus and the document I am working on.
vadindot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
1. Does the lock buttons feature include the iDS button?

2. If you're a developer, you can probably do this by modifying the code (which is all open source).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
vadindot
vadindot began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad 2
when I lock buttons it does include ids button

I'm not much of a developer, I'd call myself at best a beginner in python, but that would be about it.

print "Hello, iliad!!!!"

I was sort of hoping an iliad guru had a quick command I could type into a terminal window. Or a long command, I don't mind typing
vadindot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadindot View Post
I was sort of hoping an iliad guru had a quick command I could type into a terminal window. Or a long command, I don't mind typing
I'm not aware of a way to effect the behavior of the Notes/Books/Docs/News buttons with a command (I could be wrong though). I think you have to get into the code to change that.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote