Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 03:27 AM   #1
CJBarrow
Book worm
CJBarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader/Cybook Gen3/Hanlin V5
Baen Books site unavailable

Does anyone know what is going on at Baen Books, I purchased some books only lat week and went on again last night to buy some more and the site was unavailable, I tried again this morning and it was still not there - www.webscription.net

Chris.
CJBarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's working for me. Try doing a "tracert" to it - perhaps you have a routing problem between it and you?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 03:29 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Chris, works for me too.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:04 AM   #4
pkovak
Connoisseur
pkovak began at the beginning.

Device: none
Do you have some problems connecting on another pages? You can try this two commands:
ping 63.119.44.197
ping www.webscription.net
If you get responce from server using first command, but not the second command, then there is something wrong with your DNS (domain name service). If you get good responce from both commands, connection and DNS is OK and problem must be somewhere else.
pkovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
CJBarrow
Book worm
CJBarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader/Cybook Gen3/Hanlin V5
Works for me now as well

Just tried it again and it is up and running for me now.
Perhaps the site was down for a few hours, I was able to get to plenty of other sites.

Well it's a releif its back again, it's a great place to get SF books ;-)
CJBarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBarrow View Post
Perhaps the site was down for a few hours, I was able to get to plenty of other sites.
Yes, the Baen site was indeed unavailable for a time last evening / early this morning -- problems were on their end.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote