Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
MrB
Very Slow Learner
MrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
The Bumper Book of Climbing Fun

Someone on a previous thread asked me to post up a link when I'd finished preparing our book for publication and I am pleased & proud & relieved & very, very grateful to those of you - particularly posters in the Sigil and Mobi forums - who were kind enough to take the time to offer advice, support and encouragement to a virgin e-booker. I'm a pretty persevering type but I am convinced that without your help this book may never have been published in this format and if it did it would not have looked anywhere near as good as it looks now.

We have described the book as 'a collection of hilarious stories, funny verse and amusing nonsense which enthusiasts of rock-climbing and mountains will love' (I'll not bore you with the whole blurb!). It's currently on sale in the kindle format at Amazon in the U.S. and at European Amazon stores including the UK one.

I do appreciate that climbing humour isn't exactly mainstream and we don't expect to be appearing in best-sellers lists of any sort, ever, but if you have a friend or loved-one who is or has been a climber or mountaineer at any level (perhaps not at sea-level ) this would make a nice gift for them. You'll be able to see a preview of the book with those links, as will any of the past masters who want to see what their slow-learning pupil produced in the end (you do appear on the Acknowledgements page but that's at the end of the book ).

Again, many thanks to you all.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
MrB
Very Slow Learner
MrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-booksMrB has learned how to read e-books

UK climbing ace John Dunne tweeted about The Bumper Book of Climbing Fun recently.

"A good read" is what he said.

No, you're right, not very effusive, but he is from Yorkshire. Yorkshire is the English county where parents instruct their children like this (translated from the dialect into modern English):
"Eat all, drink all, pay nothing;
See all, hear all, say nothing;
And if you ever do anything for nothing, make sure it's for yourself."
So I think John really loved it, don't you?
Old 12-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
MrB
Very Slow Learner

Now available... AND...

in both .epub and .pdf formats at Ivanovella.com

AND...

our amazon review rating is 100% 5 star!

Yes, that's right, we've just got our first review "The perfect read for days when you can not go out climbing." 5 stars!!!!!​

Read the full review HERE​ to see what Crisp particularly enjoyed!

Happy Christmas everyone
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
MrB
Very Slow Learner

A feminine perspective

Two of the UK's best (in fact, probably the UK's best) women climbers have (separately) given their opinions of the Bumper Book of Climbing Fun.

Karin Magog writes:

It's a great book for dipping in and out of or for taking away on holiday and had me sitting [there] laughing away. The two authors have done a great job and I can't recommend it highly enough.

(Full review here)

Hazel Findlay said:

PRETTY FUNNY! The perfect antidote to a standard 'get strong, stay fit' climbing book.​

(Beth Rodden's interview with Hazel)

Know any climbers you'd like to treat?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
MrB
Very Slow Learner

Someone out there definitely likes us!

Editor-in-chief of Climb magazine ('Britain's leading climbing magazine'), David Pickford, has reviewed The Bumper Book of Climbing Fun in this month's issue. He hasn't got a bad word to say about the book but he does have quite a few good ones:

"Firmly in the tradition of Mark Twain’s epic satirical essay ‘The Ascent of the Riffelberg’"
"wide-ranging and brilliantly observed"
"quick-witted genius"
"this wonderful, irreverent, and hugely entertaining book"

The transcript of the full review can be found here. and you can find out how to buy the book on that site too.

David,