Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Anyone here using Day One app?

http://dayoneapp.com/

would love to get thoughts on it. this caught my attention since i've been thinking of trying to write a blog again, but this one is more private and less social (but there is an option to share). as it is, this app is tempting me to get an iphone, but i think the devs will do an android version
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
I enjoy it very much. I use both the iOS and OS X versions. They recently updated both and the sharing feature is new. I haven't used the sharing as I only use it for my personal journal. I used MacJournal from Mariner Software prior to finding Day One and prefer Day One for its simplicity.

Afterthought... Contact them via their web page and ask about the android version as I see no mention of any other supported OS, now or in the future.

Last edited by david_e; 08-10-2012 at 04:26 PM.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Oh they mentioned it on a tech site when some people asked in the comments :-)
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
I tried keeping a digital diary before, couldn't keep up with it. I guess I just am not the type to keep a diary. I tried several times because people urged me to, but it was just too much of a hassle for me. haha
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delotte231 View Post
I tried keeping a digital diary before, couldn't keep up with it. I guess I just am not the type to keep a diary. I tried several times because people urged me to, but it was just too much of a hassle for me. haha
If you aren't someone who journals, it doesn't matter what the medium is, it just isn't for you. I've kept a diary in one form or another since I was thirteen.

One thing though about this specific app the OP asked about, you can set a schedule so it reminds you to write at a specific time, and it has a prompt function, too, for those who aren't inspired.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #6
Banksy
Banksy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I am using it for nearly 2 years. Sure there are days I dont write something or take a photo but it is still better than a simple book. Because you have it always with you. And you can easily add a pic to your entry. And if you also want it printed you can use tools like this to export it to PDF and print it out. Works fine for me
Banksy is offline   Reply With Quote