Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-29-2016, 12:17 PM   #1
raysa
raysa began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox N69ML
Landscape default?

I bought the N69ML to use as a music score reader - the e-book paper-like screen would be great for reading music in sunshine outdoors. However all my music pdfs are in landscape format. Therefore I need to place the device landscape on the music stand and have it show the music in its original size and format. The Onyx does not automatically re-orient the screen when placed sideways, and the built-in e-book's landscape function is not available when the music library app that I've installed is running.

Is there a way to set the screen orientation to landscape as a default? I don't want to read books in this machine - I just want to use the music library app (Mobilesheets) to display my music pages and take advantage of the paperwhite screen.

Thanks,
Ray
raysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:20 AM   #2
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
Did you try orientation-setting apps, like this one?
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2016, 09:23 AM   #3
raysa
raysa began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox N69ML
I didn't realise there were such apps, afainber - I should have guessed there might be! I've installed the one you mention and it works fine with my music library app.

Many thanks,
Ray
raysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:26 AM   #4
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
Glad to have helped
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
landscape, music, orientation