Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Got a tweet from myself

I just looked at my twitter page and saw, amazingly enough, a tweet from ... me, which is odd since I've never actually tweeted anything.

The Tweet read "I will lose _____ pounds this week" and had a link to Raspberry Ketones, which I've never used and would never recommend to anyone. I hit delete and it said "Deleting your tweet."

I went into my Twitter account changed the password, and didn't see any tweets in my history. I'm assuming I got spoofed in some way, anyone familiar with Twitter know what happened? Maybe it was sent by someone with the same name?
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
shenye
Zealot
shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weird! Do you use a 3rd party Twitter client by any chance? Perhaps it was bugged with malware?
shenye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenye View Post
Weird! Do you use a 3rd party Twitter client by any chance? Perhaps it was bugged with malware?
Hmm, I do read tweets on my Android phone. Maybe it came from there. Otherwise I just read straight off the Twitter web page.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I just looked at my twitter page and saw, amazingly enough, a tweet from ... me, which is odd since I've never actually tweeted anything.

The Tweet read "I will lose _____ pounds this week" and had a link to Raspberry Ketones, which I've never used and would never recommend to anyone. I hit delete and it said "Deleting your tweet."

I went into my Twitter account changed the password, and didn't see any tweets in my history. I'm assuming I got spoofed in some way, anyone familiar with Twitter know what happened? Maybe it was sent by someone with the same name?
Same thing happened today to a friend of mine on another forum. Claimed her twitter account had been hacked and had spammed her with weigh loss tweets. She changed her password, same as you.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote