Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
nabour
Gaget-lovin' Nana
nabour began at the beginning.

Device: Classic Nook, Nookcolor
Problem downloading SD card image file

I installed CM7 on an SD card a month or so ago - went well, but I have misplaced card. Have spent hours today trying to re-create the process on a new SD card. I cannot locate a good download site for the image file. Either the link is broken or the downloaded file is corrupt. Any ideas? Am I missing something?
nabour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabour View Post
I installed CM7 on an SD card a month or so ago - went well, but I have misplaced card. Have spent hours today trying to re-create the process on a new SD card. I cannot locate a good download site for the image file. Either the link is broken or the downloaded file is corrupt. Any ideas? Am I missing something?
Your best bet is to just go to the xda-developers nook dev forum, and read the OP in the CM7 on SD card thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1000957

I just went through this on Sunday. I hadn't been using my NC as much other than a paperweight and was feeling kind of guilty at paying $250 for one, so I finally got around to trying CM7.1 which was MUCH better than the froyo fw that I tried a while back...

(basically you just download the image in the thread, write it to the sdcard, download a version of CM7 put it on the partition that now shows up on the card, boot the NC script runs and sets up the card for you, reboot setup wifi, download gapps from CM site(link in post), put on "boot" partition of card, put card back into NC and follow the key combo instruction to run update, reboot, enter your gapps acct info... gapps is optional, but still worth it as Amazon's not quite there yet with their store...)
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
nabour
Gaget-lovin' Nana
nabour began at the beginning.

Device: Classic Nook, Nookcolor
Another question??

Thank you for your reply. Finally got things up and running - used a different image writer. But I have gone back to the stock Nook b/c with the CM7 I lost wifi connection. And I have fiddled away two days trying this and trying that and now I have to let my nookfriend go back to regular paperweight status until I have time to deal with it. It's a hobby and a curse, I think!
nabour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabour View Post
Thank you for your reply. Finally got things up and running - used a different image writer. But I have gone back to the stock Nook b/c with the CM7 I lost wifi connection. And I have fiddled away two days trying this and trying that and now I have to let my nookfriend go back to regular paperweight status until I have time to deal with it. It's a hobby and a curse, I think!
I did mine under linux(Ubuntu 10.04 x86-64) and dd. I used the CM7.1RC image that was probably Saturday night's build as I did this in the early afternoon Sunday.

WiFi's working with that build just as well as it does for me under stock. i.e. it's SLOW but gets as good signal as it does under stock...

Took about 15m to do the whole flash/setup/gapps process but d/ling all my market & Amazon apps took a while... The whole reason that I did it was I wanted my apps, and I wasn't the least bit interested in the B&N store(plus it's missing 99.999% of them), so if I didn't get something worthwhile running on mine I was just going to put it up on the auction block as I really don't need it as a slightly more than an LCD reader device...

The trouble with the B&N store is that it's entirely pointlessly useless to me considering that I've got a phone and other Android devices so anything bought from the B&N store is stuck on the NC and conversely ALL of the other stuff that I use/bought can't be installed to the NC w/o a custom fw or rooting and adding gapps. B&N should've been smart like Amazon and also provided a downloadable Android app for store access thereby eliminating my problem with it as it currently operates.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote