Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
glauber
Humble Keypusher
glauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 1 and 2, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad
Inserting nav points in existing Kindle book?

I have a Mobi/Kindle book that was converted beautifully by someone else, and it includes a table of contents, but it doesn't have the "nav points" or whatever it is that allows you to jump from chapter to chapter using the Kindle's joystick.

Is it possible to use Calibre to insert the nav points in this book? I've tried everything that i could think of, and nothing seems to work. I'm thinking i will have to delete the table of contents and create a new one from scratch.

Any other ideas?
glauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Read this sticky post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
glauber
Humble Keypusher
glauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterglauber can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 1 and 2, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad
NICE! Thanks! I didn't know about the ability to scan the HTML from within Calibre. Now that i know it's there, i'll use it a lot.

I already "fixed" that book by hand, adding H2 tags for the chapters and regenerating the TOC. But next time i'll know what to do.
glauber is offline   Reply With Quote