Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
negris123
Zealot
negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: nook
Nook Simple Touch shipping NOW!!!

The report from ZDnet

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-gad...w-for-139/4770

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/index.asp?PID=35699

I just ordered mine....
negris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
Nakaleen
Enthusiast
Nakaleen has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch / Kindle DX (damaged screen)
I wonder if thay will alow overseas shipping for the new nook.

I did a test order and it didn't block me from entering the order screen (like it use to when i tried to order the old nook some months back)
Nakaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
yes, people were tweeting yesterday that they received emails saying their nook was being shipped! i love surprises!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
deluth
deluth began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
My checkout confirmed that they still don't ship to Canada. Unless I am just not lucky, this is still one major dissappointment from B&N.
deluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Yippee!!! My local store said they are expecting them any moment now. Glad I reserved one already. I'll call again early tomorrow morning.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Whoop!!!!!

Curious - I rec'd an email Monday saying that my order is "scheduled to ship", but both the note and online, and when I go to B&N to check, it still says June 10th.

Sounds like a PR announcement to me - no actual change, just getting their name out there again.

Corrected - at 1:11PST, I just got an email saying that it shipped !!!! Wow !!!

Way to get the drop on Kobo, and regain the buzz !

Last edited by EldRick; 06-01-2011 at 04:12 PM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
windowsrefund
Connoisseur
windowsrefund began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Received mine about 2 hours ago. It is the awesome!
windowsrefund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsrefund View Post
Received mine about 2 hours ago. It is the awesome!
so far basically every review has said it was an awesome ereader.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Yippee!!! My local store said they are expecting them any moment now. Glad I reserved one already. I'll call again early tomorrow morning.
You mean, expecting for shipping or expecting to having those on store?

I think you're in Houston, right? Which one are you referring to, the one on 1960 and 249 or the one on Sugar Land? ...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
You mean, expecting for shipping or expecting to having those on store?

I think you're in Houston, right? Which one are you referring to, the one on 1960 and 249 or the one on Sugar Land? ...
I'm in the South Dallas area. He said they're expecting stock.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #11
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
I'm in the South Dallas area. He said they're expecting stock.
Thanks for reply.

Let us know how it goes and feels when you got it.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

According to PC Magazine:

Quote:
Though there's no Web browser on the Nook, if it's necessary to connect to a Wi-Fi network a browser page will pop up, so you can accept terms of service or log in.
That addresses some concerns about no web browser when connecting to WiFi at some locations.

Last edited by SCION; 06-01-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 06-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #13
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
According to PC Magazine:

That's addresses some concerns about no web browser when connecting to WiFi at some locations.
really? then that takes the whole lack web browser as a negativeoff the table for most people. if this is in fact true. I mean surfing the net on e ink isn't exactly a smooth and tranquil experience.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #14
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
I'll be waiting for a very thorough review from you SCION! Inquiring minds want to know.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
jswinden
Nameless Being

Okay some of you are already in possession of a STR, so how about some reviews.

Does it read ePubs in landscape?