Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
BTooze
BTooze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Creating a Bibliography - .doc or .txt

I wish to create a bibliography for some of the authors on my Kindle.
This will consist of Book Order / Title / Year of release.

Which format would be better .doc or .txt?

Can either format be dragged over to the Kindle or would they both have to go via Whispernet?

Regards,
Brian
BTooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I have done that using the wikipedia for each author and then putting that on a word doc. I then resave it as a RFT doc and use Calibre to convert it to MOBI format. Then i load it on my Kindle via Calibre, placing it in the authors collection. Hubby is a stickler for reading books in the correct order
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Albright
Albright began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
From my understanding, plain text (.TXT) files can be dragged onto and read from the Kindle without any further converting. If you don't need any fancy formatting, that may be the simplest route. However, if this is a real proper bibliography with italics and underlining and such and you want to preserve that formatting, you'll need to take an approach like what Josieb1 mentions.
Albright is offline   Reply With Quote