Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #241
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Yes, the download link is dead. All references to Mobipocket have been removed from the corresponding Help topic. Thanks.
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #242
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
DaleDe, may I ask you something?

Once you have tested AWP, can you give us your impressions about it (strengths and weaknesses, quality of epub, etc.)?

I think it would be useful.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #243
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
DaleDe, may I ask you something?

Once you have tested AWP, can you give us your impressions about it (strengths and weaknesses, quality of epub, etc.)?

I think it would be useful.
I will take a stab at it. Likely I will put the review in our wiki when I have finished. So far it looks fine. Of course, the glaring missing feature has already been mentioned: No tables. Imported word files will lose whatever tables they contain although the content will be shown in grouped lists. The only peculiar thing I have found so far is that the number of lines on a page is changed from word so you can't open a word document and expect it to agree page by page which I find a bit strange. I use Word XP (2002).

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #244
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The only peculiar thing I have found so far is that the number of lines on a page is changed from word so you can't open a word document and expect it to agree page by page which I find a bit strange.
You should not expect that a MS Word document will be displayed absolutely identically by any word processing application. Different word processors can render the same MS Word document differently. Even different versions of MS Word can render the same document differently. RTFs/DOCs/DOCXs are not PDFs. They are not hardware/software-independent. Different word processors use different rendering engines (different algorithms for computing intercharacter spacing, interline spacing, zooming, font substitution, etc). But a properly designed MS Word document would display correctly in any word processor.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #245
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I fiddled with it and found it pretty easy to use. It doesn't take too many gyrations to search for things like paragraph tags either which was nice. I have yet to try using it to produce sections in epubs.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #246
awp
Addict

As I understand, you mean "chapters in EPUBs". Just format chapter headings with the corresponding "Heading 1", "Heading 2", etc styles. You can watch a related video here:

http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...es_of_contents
Old 04-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #247
awp
Addict

A new video on creating eBooks in Atlantis Word Processor.

Part 6 – Pictures in eBooks:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...books_pictures
Old 04-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #248
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Thank you for your response DaleDe.

When the review is ready, I'll read it attentively.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #249
awp
Addict

One more video on creating eBooks in Atlantis Word Processor.

Part 7 – Fonts:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...g_ebooks_fonts
Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #250
awp
Addict

Atlantis Word Processor 1.6.5.12 has been released as a public version:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...2013_04_29.htm
Old 04-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #251
awp
Addict

And by the way, a video for those who use Atlantis Word Processor under Windows 7 or Windows 8:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...es_windows_7_8
Old 05-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #252
awp
Addict

Part 8 – Heading-less chapters:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...gless_chapters

Multiple examples on how to use heading-less chapters: a reference to the eBook's title page, a reference to the eBook's back cover, a reference to the eBook's notes section, images as chapter headings.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #253
frank14612
Connoisseur
frank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch with Glow-light
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post

Part 8 – Heading-less chapters:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...gless_chapters

Multiple examples on how to use heading-less chapters: a reference to the eBook's title page, a reference to the eBook's back cover, a reference to the eBook's notes section, images as chapter headings.
awp,

This tops off a masterful series of Atlantis how-to videos!

Is there any chance the series could be released as an e-book?

Frank
frank14612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #254
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank14612 View Post
awp,

This tops off a masterful series of Atlantis how-to videos!

Is there any chance the series could be released as an e-book?

Frank
A video as an eBook? I think not. The latest how-to video was a bit condescending for me. It ran 23 minutes and should have be half or even 1/4 that. It told you step by step how to do the same thing over and over again everytime there was a new use for the exact same technique. I felt that it was excellent the first time but after that it could have just mentioned all the other uses for the same technique.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #255
frank14612
Connoisseur
frank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch with Glow-light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
A video as an eBook? I think not. The latest how-to video was a bit condescending for me. It ran 23 minutes and should have be half or even 1/4 that. It told you step by step how to do the same thing over and over again everytime there was a new use for the exact same technique. I felt that it was excellent the first time but after that it could have just mentioned all the other uses for the same technique.
DaleDe,
I agree that the video was slow, meticulous and repetitious, but for the word-processing uninitiated that may be just fine. However, that said, I envision that the contents of all the videos could be judiciously condensed and published as a "How-to" e-book for the Atlantis word processor.

I wonder if that will be attempted.

Frank
frank14612 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, epub