Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #21691
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have only a mild rant. I know a secret! A MobileRead Secret! And I can't tell you about it!

I can only say: keep your eyes open over the next few days!
That doesn't sound like a rant, not even a mild one! That sound like building us all up for BACON!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #21692
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Do you slosh when you walk down steps?

Stitchawl
no, I undulate
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #21693
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
no, I undulate
Sometimes I really appreciate the fact that I have such a vivid and visually functioning imagination...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #21694
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
no, I undulate
Quote:
Sometimes I really appreciate the fact that I have such a vivid and visually functioning imagination...

Stitchawl

Agreed. That's a great word.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #21695
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Agreed. That's a great word.
Well, between her Christmas costume and vocabulary, it's difficult NOT to have some vivid imagery. Thank God for the holiday avatars!

Stitchawl
Old 12-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #21696
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Well, between her Christmas costume and vocabulary, it's difficult NOT to have some vivid imagery. Thank God for the holiday avatars!

Stitchawl
Errrr .... Stitchy - your avatar is drooling all over his beard!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #21697
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Errrr .... Stitchy - your avatar is drooling all over his beard!
The beard is there to protect me from stepping on my tongue...

Stitchawl
Old 12-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #21698
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

kk's avatar reminds me a bit of a piccy of my wife. She'd kill me if she knew I was sharing this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	emma1.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	98123
Old 12-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #21699
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:

Stitchawl
*giggle*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #21700
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
kk's avatar reminds me a bit of a piccy of my wife. She'd kill me if she knew I was sharing this...
Don't worry. She won't kill you. We will. But... would you please increase your life insurance first? She will need the money to keep me in the lifestyle to which I'd like to become accustomed.

Your are a lucky guy. She IS a beautiful woman! I hope you guys have a long and happy life together! But to play it safe, don't invite me over for dinner. 'Cuz once she sees the 'new thin me...'

My wife just ordered a Burka... for me!!! She ain't no fool.

Stitchawl
Old 12-24-2012, 02:59 AM   #21701
Stitchawl
Opsimath

We've decided not to sing 'Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer' any more. Do you realize just how badly poor Rudolf was bullied? And Santa stood by and did nothing for years, until one night he needed something from the poor reindeer (it was foggy, remember? Santa needed Rudolf's red nose to guide him) so he is nice to him for a change. I've lost a LOT of respect for Santa...

Stitchawl
Old 12-24-2012, 03:45 AM   #21702
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Don't worry. She won't kill you. We will. But... would you please increase your life insurance first? She will need the money to keep me in the lifestyle to which I'd like to become accustomed.

Your are a lucky guy. She IS a beautiful woman! I hope you guys have a long and happy life together! But to play it safe, don't invite me over for dinner. 'Cuz once she sees the 'new thin me...'

My wife just ordered a Burka... for me!!! She ain't no fool.

Stitchawl
Why do you think I'm staying anonymous on the 'net? I still value life .

Any expectations that you might put weight back on over the festive period, or are you sticking to the diet? I'm still attempting to do a fast day today, but given that it is Christmas Eve, and we have guests over, I may have to suspend it by tonight when the nibbles and drinks come out. I'll be happy to make it through to the other side having gained back a couple of pounds.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:33 AM   #21703
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Why do you think I'm staying anonymous on the 'net? I still value life .
Wise... very wise...

Quote:
Any expectations that you might put weight back on over the festive period, or are you sticking to the diet?
No big meals planned. We had though about baking an apple pie as the Fuji apples are really good right now, but we forgot about it when we went food shopping the other day and didn't pick up the needed supplies. Dinner tonight will be a Chinese vegetable soup with tofu, and nothing special planned for Christmas Day foods. We'll probably just stop by for some sushi on one of our walks. My wife's family is all down in the southern island of Kyushu and they don't do anything special for Christmas any way. They are all Buddhist, although two of the nephews did have Christian weddings.

Christmas and New Year are sort of swapped around in Japan. Here, New Years is the time for family gatherings, while Christmas is the time for party. All the paired-up college kids and young unmarrieds will head for a Love Hotel for Christmas Eve. Older folks... it's just another night. New Years Day the families gather, but not for eating. They all go to a Shinto shrine to offer prayers for the new year; good school grades, success in business, finding a marriage partner, good health, etc. The prayers are very pragmatic and individual. Not much praying for peace or ending World Hunger. There are long lines at every shrine, people waiting to get to the front, throw some coins into the box, ring the bell to wake up the Kami (spirits) and make their prayers. Might have to stand in line for an hour or two at the bigger shrines, but most families will go to neighborhood ones. Some might go to Buddhist temples, but everyone knows that the Shinto shrines are more effective for this...

Stitchawl
Old 12-24-2012, 04:47 AM   #21704
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Quote:
... I'm still attempting to do a fast day today, but given that it is Christmas Eve, and we have guests over, I may have to suspend it by tonight when the nibbles and drinks come out. I'll be happy to make it through to the other side having gained back a couple of pounds.
Oh man, I've suspended the IF two Fridays ago (when we had our office Xmas lunch, I felt it was my social duty to join in the overeating and the tequila) and I've put on about 1.5 kg already.
So, by the 7th January, when I plan to have my next fast day, I expect 2-3 kg more.

Mini rant: why the hell is it so hard to loose fat and it is so easy to gain it back? Our bodies need a redesign, I say it's high time for Human 2.0.

Ah well...
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:01 AM   #21705
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkobo View Post
Mini rant: why the hell is it so hard to loose fat and it is so easy to gain it back? Our bodies need a redesign, I say it's high time for Human 2.0.

Ah well...
Just so long as Microsoft doesn't design it... It would need an upgrade every year... But then, if Mac designed it, we'd have to PAY for the upgrade every year...

Stitchawl.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness