Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #16
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
As the American scientist John Wheeler pointed out, time is what stops everything happening at once.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/bigquestions/s460740.htm
And space is what keeps it all from happening to you!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #17
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
When answering, please explain as if to a sleepy, somewhat backward child

Do other dimensions or frequencies have time as we know it?

When travelling by 'plane from Sydney to LA, why do I arrive before I left Sydney? Also, if I just kept on going from west to east, could I go back in time to pick up the bargains that I should have done back then?

Also, if I travel from east to west: can I find out next weeks Lotto numbers?

Also, is Ivan Anderson right about Vile Vortices? What about Stargates?

Are the pyramids time-portals?

If time can bend, why do we take the longest route?

If we are living in the third dimension, and time is the fourth dimension, would meditation elevate us to the fifth dimension (taking into consideration that we are spiritual beings) not physically ofcourse?

Oy! I now have a headache: which is more effective, Bex or aspirin?

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #18
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
When answering, please explain as if to a sleepy, somewhat backward child

Do other dimensions or frequencies have time as we know it?

When travelling by 'plane from Sydney to LA, why do I arrive before I left Sydney? Also, if I just kept on going from west to east, could I go back in time to pick up the bargains that I should have done back then?

Also, if I travel from east to west: can I find out next weeks Lotto numbers?

Also, is Ivan Anderson right about Vile Vortices? What about Stargates?

Are the pyramids time-portals?

If time can bend, why do we take the longest route?

If we are living in the third dimension, and time is the fourth dimension, would meditation elevate us to the fifth dimension (taking into consideration that we are spiritual beings) not physically ofcourse?

Oy! I now have a headache: which is more effective, Bex or aspirin?

Cheers.
Here, let me clear all that up for you.

Aspirin.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #19
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Here, let me clear all that up for you.

Aspirin.

Headache now cleared up by bjones.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:03 AM   #20
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The best novel I've read on resolving the apparent paradoxes of time travel is Stephen Baxter's brilliant "The Time Ships" .
Is that available as an eBook? Haven't been able to find it.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:25 AM   #21
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
The best novel I've read on resolving the apparent paradoxes of time travel is Stephen Baxter's brilliant "The Time Ships" .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Is that available as an eBook? Haven't been able to find it.
I read it in pback.
I can't find it as (legit) ebook either. I'm surprised, because a lot of his other book are available as ebooks .
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:35 AM   #22
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I think time is really relative, and works differently on different dimensions of existence. Do I have references to back this up? Does my father-in-law, who communes with his spiritual advisors, count?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:58 AM   #23
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Einstein explained relativity best when he said, "Imagine sitting on a stove hot plate for five minutes. Now compare that time to having a beautiful blond sit on you lap for five minutes. Both actions consume the exact same length of time but the latter seems FAR faster than the former!"
Old 08-22-2010, 03:14 AM   #24
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
I think time is really relative, and works differently on different dimensions of existence. Do I have references to back this up? Does my father-in-law, who communes with his spiritual advisors, count?
I have good news for you Gracy,
I just stumbled upon Trattato dell'età-Una lezione di metafisica by Manlio Sgalambro. A lesson of metaphysics of Age.

I ordered it, just read meaningful fragments.

With old age one leaves the subjective time of his activities, desires, dreams, unspeakable's (in my case ) to enter and stay in the objective time of leafs of the calendar and arms of the clock.

Does you father-in-law ask what time/day is? often?
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:23 AM   #25
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
I have good news for you Gracy,
I just stumbled upon Trattato dell'età-Una lezione di metafisica by Manlio Sgalambro. A lesson of metaphysics of Age.

I ordered it, just read meaningful fragments.

With old age one leaves the subjective time of his activities, desires, dreams, unspeakable's (in my case ) to enter and stay in the objective time of leafs of the calendar and arms of the clock.

Does you father-in-law ask what time/day is? often?
Hmm... that book looks intriguing, but foreign As a matter of fact, he did ask me just today what day it was.

He quite often speaks of his spiritual advisors (he is an elder in his tribe and somewhat of a healer, called upon to help in hospitals), and how time for the spirit world is quite different than time on our earth, and he speaks of other dimensions as well.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:24 AM   #26
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Einstein explained relativity best when he said, "Imagine sitting on a stove hot plate for five minutes. Now compare that time to having a beautiful blond sit on you lap for five minutes. Both actions consume the exact same length of time but the latter seems FAR faster than the former!"
very cute
Old 08-22-2010, 03:35 AM   #27
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Hmm... that book looks intriguing, but foreign As a matter of fact, he did ask me just today what day it was.

He quite often speaks of his spiritual advisors (he is an elder in his tribe and somewhat of a healer, called upon to help in hospitals), and how time for the spirit world is quite different than time on our earth, and he speaks of other dimensions as well.
Then he knows a lot. Good for you.

That book exists also in French, but not in English. When i'll get it I will let you know if I find something touchable by us educators
Old 08-22-2010, 04:27 AM   #28
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Then he knows a lot. Good for you.

That book exists also in French, but not in English. When i'll get it I will let you know if I find something touchable by us educators
Cool beans. Iʻll take English or Hawaiian. Whichever comes first.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:24 AM   #29
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

This might help.

The Time Ships by Stephen Baxter

eBook

[Deleted]

Cheers.

Last edited by HarryT; 08-22-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:32 AM   #30
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post

This might help....

I can't watch ..... tell me when it's over.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi, time