mitja_i began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
New firmware 1.6/2.1!

http://www.bookeen.com/en/supportdownload/?idPart=2
mitja_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Ah ah !
Great.
Tanks for the info
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes! Thank you very much.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Will this upgrade make much of a difference to a Gen3 400MHz from 2009? I haven't found any bugs since the last upgrade - should I download this one?

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Instant reading is by itself is worth is update.
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

So when you switch it off, not into 'sleep mode' but really switch it off, when you switch it back on it goes directly to the last page?

--JanG.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
when you switch it back on it goes directly to the last page?
Yes. That's the point.
No more long start up, or accidantal page turning because you left the cybook on in your bag.
I still did yesterday, forgetting I had a sleep mode.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Table of Contents (ePub/PDF/FB2)
Complete TOC now displayed, including potential multi-levels.

Fix (bug in version 2.0)
ePub & PDF metadata handling corrected in “Library”.
Yay!
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
This update offers nothing for Gen 3 (v2) users, right?

I've only done one firmware update in all that time and it didn't seem to change anything of note.

(The 512M version with the 200MHz processor released May 2008)
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
mitja_i
Enthusiast
mitja_i began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
9 new user interface languages
Localization fixes

Latest features (version 2.1 only)
Table of Contents (ePub/PDF/FB2)
Complete TOC now displayed, including potential multi-levels.
Improvement (TXT)
* New heuristics to process text.
* Specifically, Gutenberg Project texts will now be rendered better and faster.
* Also, now accepts any text encoding.
Improvement (FB2)
Hyperlinks & metadata support.
Fix (bug in version 2.0)
ePub & PDF metadata handling corrected in “Library”.
Fix (bug in version 2.0)
Lower memory consumption with large font files.

Latest features (version 1.6 only)
Mobipocket dictionaries
* Faster accesses in “Lookup” mode.
mitja_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
becket
Enthusiast
becket began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
This is good tiing I have just ordered a second Gen 3 for my Dad so we have 2 of these and a Sony 505 my Mum uses, I convinced the Gen 3 was better than the Sony when my brother was to get my Dad one, i wonder if the new one will come with the new firmware?
Becky
becket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by becket View Post
i wonder if the new one will come with the new firmware?
Becky
If not, updating it is easy
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
JanG
Groupie

Have to say, I do like the 'screen savers' on sleep mode. Don't know if I've seen them all yet, but I do like the ones I have seen.

--JanG.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, I would like more if I could change them
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:09 AM   #15
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheostaticsfan View Post
This update offers nothing for Gen 3 (v2) users, right?

(The 512M version with the 200MHz processor released May 2008)
It is the same I have. I'm not gonna upgrade, there is no reason.

My V2 is working now and working fine. The 'new' features are only for the 'new' readers.

Well, I guess we have nothing to complain we can still read on it
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote