Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #1
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
Books from Harvard Classics as Separate Books?

Anyone know if there is a collection online (I use Kindle, but can convert from any format) of all the individual books in the Harvard Classics collection. In other words, instead of the 50 or 52 Harvard classics themselves, I want to get the books from the collections seperately.

So for
Vol. 1: FRANKLIN, WOOLMAN, PENN

His Autobiography, by Benjamin Franklin
Journal , by John Woolman
Fruits of Solitude, by William Penn

I'd like the three books as separate files. I just don't like multiple books in one for organization purposes. Thanks.

Mobi format would be best, and Calibre library even better, but as I said any collection would work.
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Did you check the library here at MR? I seem to remember they were here. Not sure.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Iridius- I haven't checked, but perhaps you can find the individual titles at Gutenberg, since most of them are likely in the public domain. If you know the contents of each volume, you can check the author list at Gutenberg. I believe Gutenberg files are available in various formats and they're all free, so it's worth a look.

You might even find several thousand others you'd like to read!

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Are you aware of the online version at Bartleby.com? With a bit of work it may give you what you want.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
His Autobiography, by Benjamin Franklin
Journal , by John Woolman
Fruits of Solitude, by William Penn

Found the first two right here on mobileread... I'd highly suggest these versions over the Project Gutenburg versions. They've been (lovingly) formatted by the members here.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
I think I'll use the Gutenberg or MobileRead ones, I just wanted to avoid re-doing the collecting if someone already had done it. But thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The MobileRead ones are nicely hand-formatted for your reading pleasure.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do we have a nicely formatted Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin on MR in ePub?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do we have a nicely formatted Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin on MR in ePub?
Uploaded by weatherwax in ePub and the winning book for the March 2011 Mobile Read Book Club.

Also, Free in the MR Library - uploaded by RWood - Eliot, Charles W. (editor), Harvard Classics 01: Franklin/Woolman/Penn mobi/PRC | IMP | lrf
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #10
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Also, Free in the MR Library - uploaded by RWood - Eliot, Charles W. (editor), Harvard Classics 01: Franklin/Woolman/Penn mobi/PRC | IMP | lrf
Oh my... The whole Harvard Classics series is available on MR. I really need to download the whole availability list and see what else I'm missing.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Oh my... The whole Harvard Classics series is available on MR. I really need to download the whole availability list and see what else I'm missing.
Not only that, but the complete works of Dickens and Austen are also available here.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #12
gale walker
gale walker began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm new here. I don't have an e-reader, just a pc- Windows Vista. How can I download the Harvard Classics- is it best or possible to do all at once or one book at a time?
What format is best?
Thanks so much!
Gale
gale walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Uploaded by weatherwax in ePub and the winning book for the March 2011 Mobile Read Book Club.

Thanks much for that.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote