Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Automatically convert books if needed...

I was sending a pdf file to one of my devices through Share by eMail and Calibre prompted something like "automatically convert books from now on". I checked it but now I want to disable it as I want to know if the original format is being sent or not. I couldn't find a setting in Preferences.

I'd appreciate if anyone can help.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Try Preferences ==> Interface ==> Behavior and click the button that says "Reset all disabled confirmation dialogs".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-reset-confirmation-dialogs.png
Views:	192
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	118266  
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your reply eschwartz but it doesn't make it ask before converting! It still automatically converts pdf to mobi... Any other suggestions?
Old 01-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
In Preferences/ Sharing books by email try add PDF where it says formats
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Um, try editing the config directory?

remove this from gui.json:
Code:
  "questions_to_auto_skip": [
    "auto_convert_before_send"
  ],
I set up a new config directory and diffed the file changes when I set this option, this is what changed.
(Don't worry, it only took me a minute or so, and it was fun. )

The reset as far as I know is the GUI method of doing the same. Not sure why it wouldn't work??
Old 01-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The reset as far as I know is the GUI method of doing the same. Not sure why it wouldn't work??
In fact, if I use the button, it transforms it into this:
Code:
  "questions_to_auto_skip": [],
And I get back the confirmation dialog.

Color me confused as to why it doesn't work for you.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
In Preferences/ Sharing books by email try add PDF where it says formats
Alan, I already have PDF in the list so, no dice there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Um, try editing the config directory?

remove this from gui.json:
Code:
  "questions_to_auto_skip": [
    "auto_convert_before_send"
  ],
I set up a new config directory and diffed the file changes when I set this option, this is what changed.
(Don't worry, it only took me a minute or so, and it was fun. )

Thanks a lot eschwartz. I can confirm that in my /home/user/.config/calibre/gui.json but again, it doesn't ask me. I guess I have to delete my .config folder and re-initialize Calibre too! Oh boy!

Last edited by thatworkshop; 01-26-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post

Thanks a lot eschwartz. I can confirm that in my /home/user/.config/calibre/gui.json but again, it doesn't ask me. I guess I have to delete my .config folder and re-initialize Calibre too! Oh boy!
Don't delete everything, just remove this particular section with a scalpel.

Since the Preferences button isn't deleting that line, remove it yourself.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:41 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for your reply eschwartz but it doesn't make it ask before converting! It still automatically converts pdf to mobi... Any other suggestions?
You are done. Your question has been answered, you reset to defaults and verified in the json file that it did reset to default.

If you now have pdf in your email settings then it will send the pdf and not ask for it to be converted. Have I missed anything? What are you trying to send that you expect it to ask you to convert? My guess is you may have both mobi and pdf in the email settings and both formats are being sent to the address at the same time.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-27-2014 at 12:43 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote