Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #46
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just for clarity sake for those outside the UK. It's a roll. Bread is not a roll. So its not a bread roll. It's either a roll or bread. But not both at the same time.
Romanians usually say bread roll

I see several hundred Americans a day working in a restaurant on the Alaskan highway. The special sign lists homemade roll and the most frequent question I get asked is "what is a homemade roll?".

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #47
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The ultra-silly looking Book Beanies work great. I had one, but our dog Crystal ate it. If you want one, you can order direct from the site or from Amazon.

Here's a page showing all of their 11 styles.
That is the cutest thing ever!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #48
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I use a miniature acrylic easel that I picked up at Pier One years ago to hold a 5x7 photo. It works great.
I got mine at Walmart 97 cents! they come in clear plastic or wood!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #49
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I just ordered one of these:

http://coylscustomcreations.com/

Similar to the Book Beanie, but I liked the fact that I could customize the fabric and embroidery.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #50
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
My spider holds the reader for me.

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300781183266?var=600057725822&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
I've got several of these arriving today. I bought one from Amazon, I won't even tell you what I paid for the thing. grrrr
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #51
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
I just ordered one of these:

http://coylscustomcreations.com/

Similar to the Book Beanie, but I liked the fact that I could customize the fabric and embroidery.
I like.. thanks
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #52
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I would rather have someone READ at the table, than watch the TV
At least I can converse with the non-reader without yelling over the Tube
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #53
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
An advantage to living in Japan; Chopsticks! You only need one hand to eat almost any meal so the other hand is free to hold my Sony. I ALWAYS read while eating if I'm alone. I never read if I am eating together with other people I know, but will when eating alone in restaurants.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #54
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
An advantage to living in Japan; Chopsticks! You only need one hand to eat almost any meal so the other hand is free to hold my Sony. I ALWAYS read while eating if I'm alone. I never read if I am eating together with other people I know, but will when eating alone in restaurants.

Stitchawl
Eating with chopsticks isn't a one-handed proposition for some of us! But maybe I should practice.

I normally don't read and eat unless I am at my desk for lunch (I try to avoid this) where I will set it to the side and read. On the rare occasions when I am at home alone for a meal I tend to eat at the couch and read while watching TV or listening to a ball game. I need to get all the bad habits together so I can maximize the rare opportunities!
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:35 AM   #55
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Stitchawl
Well, if you can eat the food with chopsticks you can eat it with one fork also.

When I read paper books when eating I often cut up meat in small pieces so I could eat with just a fork.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #56
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, if you can eat the food with chopsticks you can eat it with one fork also.

When I read paper books when eating I often cut up meat in small pieces so I could eat with just a fork.
Most Japanese food (and Chinese as well) is already bite sized, optimized for chopstick eating. The problem is noodles in soup... The splashing gets my e-reader all wet!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #57
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
I have Tuff-Luv cases for both my readers - these come with a stand so they can be stood up at a comfortable angle, usually to the left of my plate. Only significant problem is if I get a whiplash effect when eating spaghetti.
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #58
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I read everywhere (I make a conscience attempt not to read when I'm with others) when I'm in the position to do so. Pictures are my kitchen table and eating out at OUTBACK. My iPad gets around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone 021.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	638.9 KB
ID:	94217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Outback.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	94218  

Last edited by pagansoul; 10-16-2012 at 08:45 AM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #59
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm with HarryT -- I'm not familiar with an "eating table." What do they eat and how often do they need to be fed?

For just a second there, I thought everyone was suggesting there might be some sort of special table that they sit down at specifically at meal-times ... but then I realized how crazy that would be.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #60
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm with HarryT -- I'm not familiar with an "eating table." What do they eat and how often do they need to be fed?

For just a second there, I thought everyone was suggesting there might be some sort of special table that they sit down at specifically at meal-times ... but then I realized how crazy that would be.

My Amazon lighted cover keeps my Kindle standing upright when I need it to.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote