Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #31
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Thanks Neil for your very generous offer. I've emailed you about a couple of requests.
Welcome to Mobile Read!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #32
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Thanks for your offer, Neil !
I just sent you an email for an ebook.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #33
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Thank you Neil, for your generosity !
I made a request for the 1rst of Petronicus series by Peter Tomlinson ("The Stones of Petronicus"), and he sent me the 3 of them !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #34
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
I noticed on my wee Sony, Alex, that our ebooks are perfect in default font (but almost unreadably small). When the font is increased, though, much formatting sometimes goes to pot. No actual words are lost or mangled, but some paragraph breaks go for a Burton and there are some pages showing line widows.
Tagging will fix most of that. (Not all of it; auto-tagging isn't perfect, and manual tagging is a specialized form of geek masochism that's not worth the effort unless you're supplying ebooks specifically to the blind.) Tags tell the Reader where the actual paragraph breaks are.

Tags can't fix the orphan lines; the Reader will still end the page where the PDF did, even if there's only one line showing with the new, larger font.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:13 AM   #35
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
That's a good idea, Alex. Mind you -- especially in these days of internet -- authors tend not to write in isolation and belong to online groups. When an ms is complete it's always best to share it with peers in these communities (other developing authors -- not your brother-in-law or an old school teacher) before hitting a pro editor. Good fiction editors don't come cheap unless -- like me -- they work for a particular publishing house and editorial work is part of the deal when a piece of work is acccepted for publication. Also, it must be kept in mind that many 'editorial services' offered on the net are ... well ... let's say they're not exactly top drawer. A college diploma on the wall is not evidence of quality and experience. If I can help anyone with advice, please don't hesitate to holler: ntmarrATbewrite.net. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 03:16 AM   #36
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hope you've all got your books now (and thanks for all the fun notes). If I've missed any just email loud complaints to ntmarrATbewrite.net and I'll fix it. We're not going away, so please feel free to drop a line any time something catches your eye. We have some cracking titles coming up this year -- eighteen on the stocks and almost ready for release. Hoots. Neil
Old 08-31-2009, 03:19 AM   #37
neilmarr
neilmarr

Thanks for the good advice, Elf. Neil
Old 08-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #38
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Neil, I just opened my email. How overwhelmingly generous you were! Many, many thanks for the extra books (and the little comments on them). I'll download when on my other computer.

I just saw a comment on another thread about the problem you are still having with your 505. Have you been able to solve it yet?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #39
evenstr
Enthusiast
evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Neil, I just sent you an email.
evenstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #40
neilmarr
neilmarr

Nope, I still have Sony hiccups, Dreams. But that's OK. I'll sort it out with all your help and advice. Yup, got your email, Evenstr -- the books arrive OK? Sorry if one or two are missing. I'll get those over tomorrow when my technotop's back at his desk (my son, Sandy, in Munich), but I've sent you a few extras meantime. Hoots. Neil