Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
9 99 boycot tag work?

I was browsing some of the books on the main page for the kindle books

http://www.amazon.com/kindle-store-e...node=133141011

and took at look to see if I could find the tags. Sure enough, several of the books had it and are now $9.99. I wonder if the tag had anything to do with it?

Then again there is a book towards the bottom called The Mermaid Singing that the list price is $6.99 and the Kindle price is $9.99 though I am hoping that is a simple typo.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I doubt it. Books routinely hit Amazon at a little above $9.99 and get knocked down in price within a week or two. It's been that way for over a year now, long before this boycott. Now we just have a lot of books with the boycott tag that are actually $9.99 or lower and you can't get the tag removed unless enough people vote the tag down. Not a great strategy, IMO. I also noticed that a lot of the books that were tagged and were above $9.99 were non-fiction books that do not fall under the heading of Amazon's promised "most best-sellers and new releases". They are usually a substantial savings over the print version but overzealous boycotters decided to tag them anyway.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert