Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
sagism
sagism began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
mobipack.py

Hello,

I'm in the process of creating an ebook for Kindle, using an html file for content and Mobipocket creator to generate the top, add meta-data and pack it all into a .prc.

There are some issues I'd like to fix in the resulting prc file (overcompressed images, botched international characters) so I unpacked the prc using mobiunpack.py (http://code.google.com/p/ebook-conversion-tools)

I'd like to pack it back into a .prc once I'm done with the fixes, so I'm looking for the equivalent of a mobipack.py.

Anyone kind enough to suggest something?

Thanks in advance.
sagism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You'll need to use Mobipocket creator (or kindlegen or calibre) to build the mobi again from the html source provided by mobiunpack.py.

There is no quick "repack" program that I'm aware of.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There's no need to rebuild the wheel (so to speak).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagism View Post
Hello,

I'm in the process of creating an ebook for Kindle, using an html file for content and Mobipocket creator to generate the top, add meta-data and pack it all into a .prc.

There are some issues I'd like to fix in the resulting prc file (overcompressed images, botched international characters) so I unpacked the prc using mobiunpack.py (http://code.google.com/p/ebook-conversion-tools)

I'd like to pack it back into a .prc once I'm done with the fixes, so I'm looking for the equivalent of a mobipack.py.

Anyone kind enough to suggest something?

Thanks in advance.
Kindlegen. Just point it at the opf file that mobiunpack generated.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi conversion