Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
TASHAGIPSON
TASHAGIPSON began at the beginning.

Device: edge
Smile help update and youtube problems solved

I have tried 6 times to update to ermine or whatever it is called
I used the instructions that are underneath the downloads from the edge site.
I have held the menu and rotate button for atleast a min. and it never goes into the update screen.
can someone help or if i can't get the update can someone help get my youtube working
Thank you
tasha

Last edited by TASHAGIPSON; 07-21-2011 at 07:58 PM.
TASHAGIPSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Assuming you are using a windows PC to rename the file you downloaded (update.zip-pe-ermine-0.9) make sure you rename it to update.zip and it is not in fact update.zip.zip - by default windows hides the extensions of known file types. Also make sure the USB stick is formatted either FAT or FAT32 and the update.zip is, preferably, the only file on it.

There are other threads in this forum that detail the process, just do a search.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
TASHAGIPSON
TASHAGIPSON began at the beginning.

Device: edge
thanks for some reason it only worked when I used a different file and a SD card it fixed the yourtube problem also

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Assuming you are using a windows PC to rename the file you downloaded (update.zip-pe-ermine-0.9) make sure you rename it to update.zip and it is not in fact update.zip.zip - by default windows hides the extensions of known file types. Also make sure the USB stick is formatted either FAT or FAT32 and the update.zip is, preferably, the only file on it.

There are other threads in this forum that detail the process, just do a search.
TASHAGIPSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Congrats and welcome, Tasha!

You've passed the hardest test. Now enjoy!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote