Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-13-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Error downloading from Overdrive

I'm trying to download an eBook from Overdrive and I am getting an error.

Error getting License. License Server Comunications Problem:
E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TOO_SHORT:

Is anyone else having trouble?

P.S. I'm using Adobe Digital Edition 2.0.1 for Windows

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-13-2020 at 08:40 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:31 PM   #2
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Got the same error code from books I checked out at both of my libraries today (on both my PC and laptop), but a book with DRM downloaded from Kobo worked fine.

I'm hoping this is a temporary glitch as it has happened to me before with Google Play last year. Back then I did the de-authorize/reauthorize bit, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. They refunded me my purchase. But I have purchased books at Google Play since with no issues.

So I will wait until Monday or Tuesday and see if it is still happening before I try any further measures this time around. I prefer not to update to the latest version of ADE if I can help it.

Last edited by library addict; 03-13-2020 at 08:34 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2020, 08:38 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Got the same error code from books I checked out at both of my libraries today (on both my PC and laptop), but a book with DRM downloaded from Kobo worked fine.

I'm hoping this is a temporary glitch as it has happened to me before with Google Play last year. Back then I did the de-authorize/reauthorize bit, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. They refunded me my purchase. But I have purchased books at Google Play since with no issues.

So I will wait until Monday or Tuesday and see if it is still happening before I try any further measures this time around. I prefer not to update to the latest version of ADE if I can help it.
I was hoping it wasn't just me. I do have another computer I could use to install a later ADE if I really had to. But I do think that it's just a glitch and should be fixed tomorrow (I hope). I was able to download from Overdrive earlier today.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:10 PM   #4
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I returned one of my books and then reserved it again. So now I have an approximately 10 week wait. But oh well, I didn't want to hold up the line since I was unable to access it.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:38 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I returned one of my books and then reserved it again. So now I have an approximately 10 week wait. But oh well, I didn't want to hold up the line since I was unable to access it.
I was able to download an ePub from Freading so I know my ADE is working.
Advert
Old 03-14-2020, 01:20 AM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I had the same problem tonight.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:41 AM   #7
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Received this from the Brooklyn Public Library Overdrive Support:

Quote:
Thanks for contacting OverDrive Technical Support! My name is Kayla, and I’m happy to help you.

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having.

From what we can tell Adobe is experiencing a partial server outage that is affecting their Cloud experience and could possibly be causing this issue. We are currently investigating.

In the mean time you can download the Libby or OverDrive app to your phone or tablet and read the book from there. Let me know if you need steps to get started with that and I will gladly send them over.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:59 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Received this from the Brooklyn Public Library Overdrive Support:
Thanks for that. I'll try another download when I'm home and report back.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:39 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've tried again to download from Overdrive and I can report that it is working once again.
Old 03-20-2024, 08:06 PM   #10
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Is anyone else seeing this error?

Error getting License. License Server Communications Problem:

I'm on Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.

Thanks,
Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 08:36 PM   #11
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
A couple of random ACSMs from my Kobo library seem to be working as expected when I open them in Digital Editions 3.0.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 08:51 PM   #12
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
It appears the problem fixed itself. I guess next time I should go away for a few hours and test again later. Downloads are now working again.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 07:26 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Is anyone else seeing this error?

Error getting License. License Server Communications Problem:

I'm on Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.

Thanks,
Amalthia
It happens. Then you go back sometime later and it's fixed.