Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-22-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
vaanen
vaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Japanese characters not showing properly

Hey, so i have my pocketbook inkpad 3 and i love it... however i have a huge issue is that my japanese books/folders have wrong characters. it shows an empty box on my character, even kana ones. sometimes it works ok on some folder or book title, but on some other, even very similar 8like volume 2 of properly showing title book) it displays only boxes. i think it has to do with the default font that does not support japanese, i tried putting a supported font in system/fonts but nothing changes

japanese font work well in books, its in the explorer that they are messed up
vaanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
When you see empty boxes it is because the font set you are using does not contain those characters. (or rarer they are not in the correct place) See if you can change the fonts.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #3
vaanen
vaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animalsvaanen is kind to children and small, furry animals

unfortunately i said i tried to change the font but i did not find the way to do so, there is no setting about that, not even in the ini or cfg files and i already put another font in the system/fonts folder with no success
Old 03-22-2018, 05:28 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Well you might have to overwrite the one that it is using if you can determine it. Make a backup first of course.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #5
vaanen

the issue is that i did not, i cant find where the default font is. i tried to look up for it but i could not find it anywhere, not even a reference. the only thing i found is the /fonts folder, which seems to be only for inside the ebook reader and not the explorer

Last edited by vaanen; 03-22-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Advert